• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need buy sparkplug wires?

tango_28

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Where is a good place to buy sparkplug wire? I needed for 2000 Mazda Mpv. It has the same motor as my 98 Contour.

i would first try an autoparts store then if all else fails make my own.. ;) try murrays or autozone, and if they dont carry them go to the dealer (unless someone has a better option), when you do get them get autolite plugs....
also check in the where to buy parts thread at the to of the posts.fyi
chris

Last edited:
Motorcraft plugs at the Mazda and Ford dealership are going for a $108.00 I was wondering if somebody had a good online source for plug wires. If can't find a good online source, I'm just going buy the Autolite wires at the local autoparts store.

remember wires have a LONG life so i mean if you amortize the cost over the life of the plugs its less than a dime a day.
Hey! Shouldn't you be studying? One good study method is not come online so often. :laugh:

taylors are very nice. put a set on my moms intrigue. i was just going to say napa belden wires. put the belden wires on several cars when working in a shop, and i just put a set on the contour.

taylors are very nice. put a set on my moms intrigue. i was just going to say napa belden wires. put the belden wires on several cars when working in a shop, and i just put a set on the contour.

I just bought a set of the Belden's for my 'Tour. They seem decent right now

Ive got a pair of Autolight wires that I just took off my car that lasted about a week. Went and got the ones at Napa, soooo much better. I will never ever buy parts at Autozone or Parts America, Pep Boys etc. Maf adapters not included.

I just bought a set of the Belden's for my 'Tour. They seem decent right now

Ok so that set of Belden's that I had was a lemon... the wire arced and put a hole thru one of the boots. But the nice thing with them is that they have a lifetime warranty (even tho i just bought them 5 days ago). Took them back to NAPA, and got a brand new set, no questions asked. The new set seems good!

I just installed Autolite wires and Double Platinum NGK's from advanced auto parts, car hadn't had them changed in 92kmiles! Best HP i've ever gotten out of changing plugs and wires lol also the best $70 i've ever spent!:laugh:

I just installed Autolite wires and Double Platinum NGK's from advanced auto parts, car hadn't had them changed in 92kmiles! Best HP i've ever gotten out of changing plugs and wires lol also the best $70 i've ever spent!:laugh:

If you got the Autolite professional wires, that sounds like a good combination, and a good price. I've had nothing but good experience with NGK plugs, although I've never put them in a ConTique.

Back