• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

first mod?

My first mods to my CSVT (on day 2 - I bought it new , BTW) were the "highs-to-lows" mod , sidemarkers , #885 foglight bulbs and the throttle hang fix . Soon thereafter the car got an open air filter and I replaced the stock (VERY restrictive) center exhaust resonator with a glasspack (a couple years later replaced the rear mufflers with magnaflows) . Early on I replaced the stock suspension w/H&Rs and euro-Mondeo struts , and changed wheels also . Some other stuff happened here & there in there too .

There's a quick overview of some of the stuff I did . I agree , do the easy/cheap stuff first ;) .

does anyone kno if the bat intake with remote air is good cause i have a 1999 se mtx v6

I don't really remember anyone saying that had this so I don't know how good it is.

Most people use, as Paul said, the K&N or the KKM.
KKM site: http://www.kustomz.com/contour1.html
You can change the KKM filter with a K&N too if you'd like.

http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/store/start?r=store&
K&N filter number: (open filter) K&N RU-3530

Right now AJUSA has a 5% discount coupon:
Promotional code HOHOHO details:

* 5% off purchases of $50 or more
* $100 max discount

Note: Only one promo code can be used at a time.

Offer excludes Autometer, Brembo, Covercraft, EBC, Edelbrock, Flowmaster, Hawk, Holley, Hooker, Hotchkis, Hypertech, Injen, Koni, KYB, Magnaflow, MSD, Optima, PIAA, Powerslot, Sprint, Superchips products and specially priced items.

Don't delay, this offer ends December 14, 2006!

Check out the third post down: http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...268267&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

Do the foglight mod. :)

My list of mods for this week (or before the 16th =P):

Fog lights on w/ only parking lights and a Mystique interior light.

I might try to look for an interior switch for the sunroof switch at the junkyard and I might replace bulbs on the headlights and fogs. We'll see.

Does it light up?

yes ... from what I determined the post 98 switch gets its power from the power being supplied ot the switch and you just add a ground for the light ...

on the pre-98 the light has its own power and ground seperate from the switch ... so you just splice two wires not one to make it light up ... this is what I did ...

also I think I posted how I did it on the old boards ...

yes ... from what I determined the post 98 switch gets its power from the power being supplied ot the switch and you just add a ground for the light ...

on the pre-98 the light has its own power and ground seperate from the switch ... so you just splice two wires not one to make it light up ... this is what I did ...

also I think I posted how I did it on the old boards ...

Yeah, I was looking on the main site and decided I'd finally do the cheap easy ones finally instead of sitting on my arse. Thanks for the info.

/thread jacking

The open air filter is a good one. Myself, I installed the BAT handling kit as my first one. It took me over a year to get a K&N on.:confused: Hmmmm.....how did that happen. The resonator replacement is also a good one, for me, it's coming soon. See post in pics/vids forum, under Santa's slipping.:laugh: The foglight mod is easy, and looks cool too. Take your pick.

thanks guys im gonna put in my midnight blue rear seats and door panels and have a half svt interior haha but do u kno where i can find midnight blue paint? heard its hard to find

I guess we'll see some of that SVT interior on the 16th then. :Cool:

CSVT1214 (Tony) is looking for the paint also. I'm of the understanding that it is hard to find also. :( Try calling your local Ford dealer and see if they can help you locate some. Tony has been dealing with Bill Jenkins from Team Ford and IIRC, he hasn't found any, I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Back