• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What I did while I was bored

The Digital Slacker

Hard-core CEG'er
I put spinner hubcaps on the svt since I got them for free as a gag gift. They didn't think I would put them on, but I threw the winter tires on specifically so I can use hub caps =)

I also put "Ladder Bar" stripes on my protege. I figure that they will be on there for about a week or so until the backing plate for my porter cable comes and I can actually clean the paint up. Took about an 2 hours and 3 rolls of electrical tape! Was all eye-balled and I think it came out pretty decent. I am just waiting to catch hell over at the mazda boards.

IMG_0102.jpg

protege2.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

For just eyeballing the ladders thats pretty good. Why didnt you line up the outside line with the curve in the hood?

I saw a Contour in State College that had spinners like those. I lost it. Tried to get a pick but it was dark out and all i had was my phone so it didnt turn out well. My friends just looked at me like i was crazy when they saw my reaction...

Blah!

I realized as I was looking out the 4th floor window down on the car today that the roof striping is way crooked.

I think I am just going to take some decent pictures and just keep a running total of what I have done to the car. I still have 7+ rolls of electrical tape so I have plenty of ideas to try!

Blah!

I realized as I was looking out the 4th floor window down on the car today that the roof striping is way crooked.

I think I am just going to take some decent pictures and just keep a running total of what I have done to the car. I still have 7+ rolls of electrical tape so I have plenty of ideas to try!

well... keep em commin

Try going in between the hood curves

Like..make a line on the curve, then put lines inbetween the two lines.
If you know what i be sayin.

that reminds me of my bro's firebird. one of his friends put on a electrical tape pin stripe, and when he went to pull it off it ended up taking a layer of the paint with it so he had grey pinstripes after that

the paintjob was a quick job to seal everything and make the car presentable never intended to last all that long. wasnt even clearcoated.

....and I thought you were bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:tin in the other thread about doing this stuff.....

awww that's cute

bumble_bee.png

good thing it's winter. A nice hot sunny day would shrink & distort that tape fast & make a sticky, gooey mess...:blackeye:

If i had 7 rolls of electrical tape to spare, I think I would make a line from one build to some other place. :laugh:

Seriously, tape roll is like 200ft? Unless its minirolls. Start from you building and go for a local shop or minimart about 1/5 of a mile away! Go back up to the 4th story and watch to see if people follow it! :laugh:

If i had 7 rolls of electrical tape to spare, I think I would make a line from one build to some other place. :laugh:

Seriously, tape roll is like 200ft? Unless its minirolls. Start from you building and go for a local shop or minimart about 1/5 of a mile away! Go back up to the 4th story and watch to see if people follow it! :laugh:

Uhhh... 10 rolls is 4.95$

So 7 could be yours for cheap!

I think I am going to do one large black stripe down the while car next. Or maybe stars on the hood.

Back