• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I might get beaten by a girl! Gasp!

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Since my new years resolution is to actually get into shape and stay in shape...I figured why not have a friendly competition with a lady friend of mine.

In the last two months I've noticed a bit of a gut forming on me...and I've never had one. So naturally, I want it gooooone...a.s.a.p. So with that in mind I figured it'd be a good reason to actually try and get some sort of defined figure.

I'm not sure of my weight, but I'm going to guess I'm around 170 - 175 now at 6'. I don't mind gaining weight as long as it's in the form of muscle.

So I have 3 months to get toned up and in better shape than her. :help:

What are some good techniques (I have literally no experience with exercise and eating healthy)?

im in the exact same boat as you, glenn. im 6'1" and weigh about 175. last time i stepped on a scale was about 2 months ago and i weighed 166. this is the first time in my life that i had a gut and i need it gone now!!

From the training program I'm in now... about 1 1/2 hours of cardio 5 days a week; mostly calisthenics and running. It's easier to do when someone is yelling at you to do it, but it's about the fastest way to loose a gut and build upper body ever.

Here's what we did last week in one day:

25 jumping jacks
25 push-ups
25 5-point bodybuilders
20 3-point mountain climbers
25 push-throughs (sit-ups while holding hands straight out between legs, can't move arms)
25 push-ups (half are slow)
20 3-point flutter kicks
25 push-ups (half slow)
25 5-point bodybuilders
25 3-point mountain climbers
25 sprawls (down to prone position then back up quickly by kicking legs back)
25 3-point bicycle kicks
50 jumping jacks
25 3-point flutter kicks
1 mile run of sprints; run 1/4mi as fast as possible, rest 1.5 min, repeat until 1 miles completed.

Last edited:
Velocity Diet meh friend. its not well known but is common in the body builder world. basically you drink about 6 protien shakes a day and only have one solid(healthy) meal a week. obviously you have to work out or be somewhat active with all the protien. you do this for 4 weeks. you have to be sure to take viatiams though. however in the 4 weeks you lose about 20-35 pounds in body fat and depending how much you want to build muscle is up to you and how much you work out. but with all the protien you can gain muscle pretty quick.

Man I WISH I weighed 175. Last time I stepped on the scale (a couple days ago), I clocked in at a staggering 215, and I'm only 5' 8". My goal for this year is to get down to 175. I don't see why you guys are whining lol.

Hahah I haven't been 175 since I was like 13, maybe younger... Right now I'm at 235, but then again I am 6'4". Looking to trim down but also turn fat into muscle so I don't expect a huge amount of wait loss.

Do something enjoyable to lose weight. I absolutely hated running on treadmills and whatnot and found it difficult to be motivated. I signed up for muay thai and brazilian jujitsu classes a few weeks ago and I'm hurtin so good now! I love it and im already shedding a few lb's!

You burn more fat by eating whole foods. Just do some walking every night after dinner. Why do some so intense for a few weeks, when you can do something less intense for the rest of you life.

well i am also looking to get back into shape. 6'3 and about 195 i have lost alot of muscle and replaced it with fat. looking to get and stay at 185. lean build with endurance being key for the two physically demanding sports of surfing and motocross. not looking to get huge just lean and looking good. 6 pack abs maybe

Lets get pics of your lady friend and yourself to see if you even have a shot??? :shrug: LOL

More interested in the lady friend :eek:

- amyn

Back