• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

sts turbo

dannimarieiro

CEG'er
i was with friends yesturday and they told me about the sts turbo and it sounds really cool . just wondering if any of you heard anythign about these kits . iam thinking of getting one:crazy:

heres a link to there site you should see some of these cars, and theres more videos on youtube

Its a neat idea but get ready for people to make fun of thinking they're neat. On cars with zero engine bay space or weird layouts its the best way but most people here will just say get the Nautilus kit that fits in the engine bay and just requires moving the battery. I've seen a 350Z with a kit and was really impressed by the fit and finish of their pre-made kit.

I've seen a kit on a Corvette, very stealth and sounded strange from the back, but good quality. The fact there is already a good affordable kit for our cars wouldn't make me consider it for the Contour.
-J

yup we have heard of them before .... you should be able to search for that info.

btw we do have one member that made him own "sts style" turbo kit

I have a sts style turbo kit, it perform real well the boost come on hard no lag at all the way I have my pipes size and turbo. The only reason I went this way was because I built it myself so I cut cost a lot. I wouldn't recommend for anybody go this route in a contour because it's a pain in the you know what. It this alot of work to get it working just right. You might as well get nautilus performance kit and save yourself the pain a headaches. For the price you pay for sts kit you still got to pay for intake pipes from turbo to the engine, welding flange for the turbo; that same money will get you the hold kit from nautilus performance ready to bolt in.

If you want to see another car with a homemade remote turbo, go to google and type in rmtz24 and this will bring up a page; this guy is running low 12sec with a remote turbo system and alcohol injection.

If you want to see another car with a homemade remote turbo, go to google and type in rmtz24 and this will bring up a page; this guy is running low 12sec with a remote turbo system and alcohol injection.

That boy has some talent. Beautiful work putting that together.

Bringing this thread back. Anyone have a way to get ahold of sleepertour? His PM's are full, want to ask him a few questions about his remote setup he had.

thatd be too easy John!!..im goin rear mount route for sure. have most of it figured out just wanted to talk with this guy a little.. shouldnt be too hard.

Also the guy has not logged into CEG sense January of 2010. Don't think he is gunna log in anytime soon :-/

All that info can be had by looking at his profile.

Why would you ever want to mount a turbo so far away from the exhaust signal. Spool times are too slow, it is difficult to feed oil to it and more importantly get the oil back to the engine, and cold air pipes are a joke at that distance.

Why reinvent the wheel? If you can do this you can fab a kit in the engine compartment where they belong. You probably won't be able to buy anything from Nautilus so you will have to fab it up.

Back