• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What a great way to start the holiday.

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
:mad: Bumped into a car this morning. He stopped at a yield sign and I was looking to check if anyone still wasn't coming. Both cars were fine except my paint. Such a piss poor paint job that it just slid off like a water decal. He just wiped my paint off his bumper, said I think its all good and we went on our way. But now I'm left with a large grey spot. At least it was only that but it still sucks.

i did that once. luckily the lady i hit had those stick on rubber guards all over her bumper. no bubbles no troubles.

so you got lucky, I thought I was going to see another totaled picture

That sucks to hear Ryan! Been there, done that, but look on the bright side...you can have your bumper repainted and you can make sure to take off the license holder BEFORE they paint.

Hope everything works out!

I bought my SVT the same way. With the paint of the front bumper literally peeling off. Piss poor quality on behalf of Ford. I've always thought about getting it repainted but have heard so many horror stories as far as paint not matching and I would never go to a place like maaco

The poor paint job on my bumper was from the company that rebuilt the car. Remember they painted it with the license plate frame on... So under that is a small square of original paint... that paint is holding up very well. Everything else isn't

:( At least there wasn't major damage.
On the bright side, now you can have that plate frame removed when you get the bumper repainted. ;)

the dealership should be able to match it well :shrug:

you would think so. i recall seeing dukeofsho's car or was is mlukos car ... either way they went into the paint book and got the paint by paint code but when the car was put beside a stock t-red the color was completely different ... this one was darker.

kinda like when I first saw my car, the color was darker then the original factory color. that is why I kinda wish I got the door jams done also ....

Ryan, there is a guy by my house who is absolutely great with paint, the place is caled R&S autobody. He does work on street rods and customs, as well as regular cars. We used to use him all the time. Not sure how his prices are, and it's a long drive for you, but he is pretty good. Gimme a call if you are interested, I'll dig up his number.

Ryan, there is a guy by my house who is absolutely great with paint, the place is caled R&S autobody. He does work on street rods and customs, as well as regular cars. We used to use him all the time. Not sure how his prices are, and it's a long drive for you, but he is pretty good. Gimme a call if you are interested, I'll dig up his number.

Nice, yes please. I need to figure out the whole transportation thing while its in the shop but I want to get this done before Carlisle

Back