• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT Contour wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ2000

New CEG'er
driving to the store last night, some guy clipped the back of my car pretty badly, spinning me around.

It's a 2000 SVT Contour with only 85k or so miles on it. So, the engine is still solid (never had one issue with it), the transmission is still good (again, no issues with it), 3 of the wheels are in good shape, it's got a 600+ dollar Borla exhaust, the airbags didn't deploy so are still useable, etc....

Do people on this site buy cars for parts. Is it worth trying to sell here for parts? How much could I get?

Thanks all!

why not just have it fixed (doesn't sound all that bad from your description but pics would help)? Do you not have insurance? If it really is totalled I doubt you'd find a buyer. You might have better luck parting it out in that case

sorry to hear about ur car. first post pix so we can assess better the state its in. what's damaged on the car from the accident? if ur airbags are still intact, then u should be able to fix it. unless u just want anotha car:shrug:

I already did some post searching :D

Did you get that front bumper fixed yet?
Did you figure out the braking situation?
Did you change out your fuel pump?

I'll tell you what it is worth, but you won't want to hear it :D.

I will come and take it off your hands if you wish. Trade in value would be about $57.32 so I will just pay you that and we're good then. PM'd :D

If the rear fenders are damaged, they will most likely total it out since it is a major pain to fix it. :cry:

31ish

got the vin too JHxxxxxxxxxxxxx54 - I won't post the entire thing either......

"financed through NFCU as well. I got the phat 7.9% interest rate"

It is paid off.

Use to live in NY.....

"I know for a fact that that car has an accident or two.
It was recently repaired at Griffin Ford after a pretty bad accident (6150 in damages). A couple things still don't seem right (secondaries, fog lights), but I won't take it back to Griffin (hate the service department and would rather get it checked by an SVT authorized dealer)."

Look at all the little detectives out there. But all you had to do was ask.

As far as what's damaged (I don't have pictures as it was towed away and I have yet to get down to the lot). Well it was hit in the rear passenger door/wheel. So the door is pretty badly pushed in (window didn't break though). Because of that, no door on the right side opens. The right rear wheel is also at a 45 degree angle.

Why wouldn't I just fix it. It's 8 years old primarily. My guess is that it's going to cost more than i'm willing to pay to fix. Because of its age and diminishing value, I had removed collision and comp from my insurance as a "gamble" that I'd only need the car to last another year and a half. Well, six months later it was hit.

But to answer everyone's questions (I'll try to remember them all).
Brakes were replaced.
Secondaries, never a problem - just paranoia on my part.
Fuel pump - not replaced, never any indication of necessity, but the engine has been a rock for the life of the car.
Front bumper - not fixed. (It is repairable though). It's one of the reasons I took my insurance gamble. So, yes there is some body work, this previous hit and the front bumper.
Fog lights have been an issue since I got the car.
The airbags didn't deploy and are still in good condition.
The interest rate of 7.9%. Believe it or not, back in 2000, that was relatively phat.
The previous wreck (the 6150). That was repaired (obvoiusly) and have not had any resulting effects in the 4 to 5 years since (like I said, it was just paranoia on my part).
But Griffin Ford does suck. I think they went out of business, so it's not worth saying much more.

I'm not trying to hide anything here. I didn't really expect for someone to buy the car to drive it off. I guess (complete random and uneducated guess) I could put 4k into and have a nice new looking Contour again. Anyways, that's why I'm asking what I could for it for parts or for the parts individually. Or if someone is interested, let me know.... like fuz.

Thanks and feel free to ask me questions.

Oh and yes I'm in Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back