• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CEL_Fuel rail high output?????????

highspeedjbt

New CEG'er
Here is a short version of what I have going on. I bought a 99 csvt for $1500. It has a haynes tranny with quaife lsd. Seems like a good deal except the interior is half tan and half navy blue and it needs brakes and clutch is slipping. And on top of that It has one code that I have no idea what it is. I get a code that is Fuel Rail High Output. All i know is that sometimes the car bucks alittle under WOT and over 5k it really dies off and bucks pretty hard. The PO says that the motor was tore down and rebuilt. He said that I needed to get a different fuel rail and maybe even a reflash. Im not sure what he means as I have never heard of this problem before. If anyone knows what this is or what I can do to fix it......I am wide open for suggestions. thanks

i've never heard of that. but you must have bought jmotank's old car.

I did buy it I think. Its weird. he said it was a 99 csvt and everything looks that way. Just seems to run out of juice over 5k and sometimes it feels as if it never has enough gas(or too much). I pulled the code again and it is the same fuel rail. he did say the motor was pulled with the tranny but as I have found out and kinda expected, there are other problems that he know nothing about. I like the car and would love to get it into shape again because I just picked up an 05 3.0l swap. But I don't plan on doing that for some time becuase Im going to be meticulous about it when I do it. Do these cars have FPR if they are returnless? Im going to do some more research and get back to everybody to see what I find. If there is anyone from GA that would like to come by and help.......I would pay for the gas. Thanks

update....I found out that the fuel rail is return type and I have an extra plug that comes off the throttle body sensor. So i think that when the motor was pulled with the transmission, somehow they swapped the fuel rail for a return type. So now I have an extra plug that goes to nothing instead of going to the fuel pressure sensor. Does that sound about right?

idk, about the last post but if you really want some help, i would be willing to come up. I live in eatonton and I also own a 99. well pm for details.

Back