• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Snow!!!!

We've got snow flurries in AUSTIN, TX.. (South Central TX) and 3 or 4 inches on the ground in North Texas (Dallas)... so yeah..

None in Houston, yet, however.

Ummmmm.....no. We don't have any snow, and I live in the only county that they said would even have a chance at snow tonight.

I'm not looking forward to going back to Michigan. :cry:

41e601f0.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in Lubbock and we didn't get shiz neither. Few flurries here and there, but nada else.

I did, however enjoy the spectacle of all the Texans in my department looking out the window at the flurries, and by flurries I mean that crap you can only see if you don't close your eyes or have a dark surface in which it collects on.

Good God, look at that white :censored::censored::censored::censored:. You telling me I have to drive through that crap on Friday... :nonono: It was friggin' 70 degrees here on Sunday. :blackeye:

TX00SVT, when are you going back? IIRC, you live in TX but go to school in MI, whereas I live in MI and go to school at Tech. I'm driving back on Friday/Saturday.

Yeah, I go to Kettering, so I'm here Apr-Jun and Oct-Dec working for UPS. I'm flying back up on Christmas Eve.

just put on some masking tape hahaha

yea, i didn't care, mu doors have dings, my front bumper is already screwed up, etc.

really? i don't remember noticing in pics you have posted of the car.

still, probably wouldn't do it.

now, if it were a beater, like my old exploder - would have driven right through that thing full throttle. which i have done before!

We've got snow flurries in AUSTIN, TX.. (South Central TX) and 3 or 4 inches on the ground in North Texas (Dallas)... so yeah..

None in Houston, yet, however.

Ray you jinxed us, haha
about 1-2 inches of snow on the ground right now in Houston. Has been snowing nonstop about 6 hours now. Had fun driving home from work, would've driven around more but was too hungry.
Image005.jpg

Watched some southern state on the weather channel get snow last night. Ppl didn't know what to do. They appeared to be driving at the damn speed limit and flying off the road and rolling over.

Watched some southern state on the weather channel get snow last night. Ppl didn't know what to do. They appeared to be driving at the damn speed limit and flying off the road and rolling over.

It isn't much better here. DOT has had cut backs or something the last couple years so their budget at the end of the year sucks.....so minimal sanding of the roads until Jan 1st. And they keep redoing the roads here in concrete, not only does it suck for traction to begin with, it doesn't retain heat very well for the snow on it to melt....so it turns into ice. :help:

That made me laugh. I've always joked about how if it snowed (and stuck) in Florida there would be mass chaos on the roads. I would hope that most people just stayed in.

It snowed in Ocala when I moved here in 1989. Nothing stuck but it was definitely snow. Looking at the storm headed our way today, it may be possible that snow flies in Florida again!

I'm telling you, the southerners are in awe whenever it snows. Lol, you should see them cover up in 40 degrees...scarf, hat, gloves, winter boots, the works. Quite the funny site.

I'm sure snow would be bad enough, but they can't seem to drive in wet conditions, either. I still believe the name of the game when it comes to over flooded roads is who can produce the biggest splash. :blackeye: Now, I'm sure this doesn't apply to all Southerners, but it sure is damn prevalent in Lubbock.

Ummmmm.....no. We don't have any snow, and I live in the only county that they said would even have a chance at snow tonight.

dude... When I posted that I was looking at pictures sent from my parents of SNOW in THEIR YARD (Austin).... :confused: :help: and the salesman for our company is in Pampa and was driving through Garland when he was telling us about the snow coming down there, all before I posted that.

Just because the little weatherman didn't say it would happen doesn't mean it didn't. You shouldn't trust them so implicitly. :troutslap:
:D :D

Everyone forgot how to drive here too. Our road already has about 4" of ice on it, so it's fubar til spring. I'm already sick of shoveling.

At least you are living where there is a refresher course every year.

If someone spits on the road in front of people here there are spin-outs and pileups.

:nonono:

I'm telling you, the southerners are in awe whenever it snows. Lol, you should see them cover up in 40 degrees...scarf, hat, gloves, winter boots, the works. Quite the funny site.
ok, I can understand the hat and scarf, maybe the gloves.

But boots? For what purpose?
What mud, snow or slush are they navigating through that they need the increased traction or warmth of boots?

I put on boots a couple of times a year, and even then, the ones I own are just waterproof hiking shoes.

Southerners are silly. :help:

What mud, snow or slush are they navigating through that they need the increased traction or warmth of boots?

I put on boots a couple of times a year, and even then, the ones I own are just waterproof hiking shoes.

No boots here except the "boots with the fur" but scarfs, hats, and gloves are all worn in 50-degree and below weather.

It's called acclimation, over time you body adjusts itself to the temperature, humidity, altitude it is subjected to. Kinda like the ECM does on your car for A/F, timing, etc. Long term optimatization and takes awhile to re-adjust when your surroundings change.

I've never seen anybody dressing up like described above but yes fact most people cannot handle the cold temperature here the same as northener's do that get it 6 months out of the year.

Same reason you guys would be cold in Fairbanks Alaska. Same reason some old people in Asia always die when the temp hits 32 degrees. But they can handle 110 degrees in the sun which would probably kill us.

Back