• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got another SVT! I think I am keeping this one....... :)

Do they even make this bra anymore for the SVT? I saw that brapple has one as well as LUCA and bagged that I know of.

I think that they do, it would have been made by covercraft. they are the only company that made them.

also as others have said a short shifter is one of the best mods ever. you will like it alot more then stock ...

I think that they do, it would have been made by covercraft. they are the only company that made them.

also as others have said a short shifter is one of the best mods ever. you will like it alot more then stock ...

How much are these front end covers new?? They don't have prices on the site.

I figured on the B&M shifter that I am not slamming through the gears anyway so what is the point of the short shifter. It isn't a short throw anyway and a stock shifter cut down would do the same thing......

I figured on the B&M shifter that I am not slamming through the gears anyway so what is the point of the short shifter. It isn't a short throw anyway and a stock shifter cut down would do the same thing......

keep the b&m

I know my car has the E1s but how can I tell if the car is an E1 and not a poser E0? What did they update between the E0 and E1?
My build is #5958 of 6535.

Joe,

Looks like you can get the bra for $87 + $10 shipping

http://216.60.144.111/ecatcust/review.asp?vid=613761397756&x=1

If that link doesn't work then here's the SKU and description MM42017
Cover: 1998 FORD CONTOUR SVT Custom Mask/ 2 pc./ Allows Hood To Open - Front End Masks (Bras)
http://www.carcoverusa.com/Covercraft-Full-Mask.html
At the bottom of the page, click the button "Click Here to Shop" and select make/model, etc.

We bought ours like 7 years ago for around $70.
So it looks like the price has gone up a little, but not too bad.

That price for the bra is actually way better than I thought it would be. Thanks for finding that for me.

E1, wooohooo. - Anything I should be aware of that could be a concern....? I honestly don't know jack about SVTs, it is funny :laugh:. Pre98 FTW!

Another thing.....
1998 E0 is 1-5000 built and
1998 E1 is 5001-6535 which would make it the most rare SVT conty, right? :shrug:

Trust me on this, without slamming through the gears, the B&M makes driving so much better. It's a lot more precise, nicer feel, lower (I always punched my CD player when I went into 3rd) and just better than the OEM one in every way.

If you really want a stock shifter though, I could send you mine in the B&M box.:shrug:

In my opinion the only thing that matters E0 to E1 is return or returnless. I have a '99 but its still has :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing return! :mad:

Return/Returnless fuel system was not an E0/E1 thing. The changeover occurred at some point late 99 in all SVT/Non-svt contiques...

This is correct. From what I am lead to believe only late 99s if any had returnless. 00s were all returnless.

Returnless just makes it a PITA to find a new PCM if you need it. 2000's also have 3-bolt exhaust flanges. IMO, the big diff. between E0 and E1 is the 4-bolt LCA's.

Back