• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Washed it today

arabianjules

New CEG'er
...and as its below freezing here, well there ya go...

DSC_0002_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0011_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0007_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0006_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0008_edited-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.:cool:

congratulations! we have a winner! they are!

well, they technically AREN'T. But they are very similar in design and obviously where the inspiration came from for the E0.

That style also seems to be available with this possibly smaller offset(hard to tell) and fatter spokes:

L100COS002-1.jpg

I love how no one has commented on the tailights, just cause its a mondeo if those were on a contour it would be flame city.

Love it aside from the lights.

well, they technically AREN'T. But they are very similar in design and obviously where the inspiration came from for the E0.

That style also seems to be available with this possibly smaller offset(hard to tell) and fatter spokes:

L100COS002-1.jpg

actually they are in fact the exact wheels used on older model mondeos that were left over from the original production run. they were shipped here and put on the first model of the SVT which is why they changed them half way through the first year. they ran out.

actually they are in fact the exact wheels used on older model mondeos that were left over from the original production run. they were shipped here and put on the first model of the SVT which is why they changed them half way through the first year. they ran out.

I wonder if the center caps would fit an eo. Can anyone make out what the writing on the center caps say? Mondeo possibly? What are the odds of that?

Those taillights aren't the best but they're not as bad as most Altezza-style I see, the kind that have clear lenses. Actually, those taillights vaguely remind me of the rear of the MKIV Mondeo.

However, it would be so much better if the red was just one large rectangle rather than three ovals. And I think the smoke might look better against your black car.
http://www.motorspeed.com/sitepix/products/mids/mid_ULTRA_FO53L69S.jpg

A light film of Lamin-X over the tails and it would look even better IMO. The color is called light smoke IIRC, check it out. BTW, that car is very nice, I especially like the hood vent!

I still dont think thats the exact same wheel as the early style SVT Contour wheel. The set on the first mondy has a less positive offset which brings the center in just a touch where as ours look much more "flat" [unintentional whoring for angle shot of E0's]

1002081237a.jpg

regardless, it's still a nice mondy...def could use some taillight tint though.

Back