• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Second Half of My Sig...

its a stock focus.....and...

...and
He's only 17
and is excited about a newer car that functions properly :shrug:

oh man, that makes me now want to break out into song

Yeah, I saw sparks fly
From the corner of my eye
And when I turned (whoo)
It was love at first sight
I said please excuse me
I didn't catch your name (whoa)
It'd be a shame
Not to see you again

And just when I thought
She was coming to my door
She whispered sweet
And brought me to the floor
She said

Chorus:
I'm only seventeen (seventeen)
I'll show you love like you've never seen
She's only seventeen (seventeen)
Daddy says she's too young
But she's old enough for me

Come to my place
We can talk it over (oh)
Everything going down in your head
She said take it easy
I need some time
Time to work it out
To make you mine

And just when I thought
She was coming to my door
She whispered sweet
And brought me to the floor
She said,

Chorus:
I'm only seventeen (seventeen)
You ain't seen love
Ain't seen nothing like me
She's only seventeen
Seventeen........yeah!!!!

(Guitar Solo)

Such a bad girl
Loves to work me over time
Feels good (ha)
Dancin' close to the borderline
She's a magic mountain
She's a leather glove (oh)
She's my soul
It must be love

Chorus:
The girl she gives me love like I've never seen
But she's old enough for me
Seventeen!!
She's everything I need (seventeen)
But she's old enough
Old enough for me
Yeah! Yeah!!

Looks good !!

My oldest son had an Black 03 fucus.

After 1 yr. of ownership and many 'o problems, we traded her in for his
04 Ford Exploder.

Good luck !!!

nice car, but that is not the second fastest focus, first is the turbo st, then the svt, so not sure where your getting your info.

nice car, but that is not the second fastest focus, first is the turbo st, then the svt, so not sure where your getting your info.
Sold, directly by Ford, in the U.S.

Holy semantics, Batman!

BigBEN said:
It's a stock Focus....and....

But pics of a stock or nearly stock CSVT in good shape send this site into a frenzy??

I get that it's rare, but they're practically at the same level of coolness:shrug:

The suspension (struts, springs, dampening, bushings) from the FSVT were carried over to the ST.... It handles every bit as well as a CSVT. Sure, it's not as quick, but that's not evactly what this site has ever focused on, is it?

I'm not going to lie, I'm not a big fan of the focus. If you like it, cool. With some tasteful mods I can see it looking pretty good.

The focus st and Contour SVT are definately NOT at the same level of "coolness". A focus is a dime a dozen, just like a honda civic. I get it that you love your new car, I would too if I was 17 with a new car.

Good luck with it, get to modding that :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:!:cool:

You picked a great color when it is clean, but keeping it clean is about as bad as it gets. Lower it, get some decent tires, and have some fun.

I think it's a nice choice. I would rock it. Better pics coming soon?

I didn't think they made the ST in hatch form?

Actually, if memory serves me correctly; they do sell an ST hatch. At least in Europe I am almost certain they do.

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie, I'm not a big fan of the focus. If you like it, cool. With some tasteful mods I can see it looking pretty good.

The focus st and Contour SVT are definately NOT at the same level of "coolness". A focus is a dime a dozen, just like a honda civic. I get it that you love your new car, I would too if I was 17 with a new car.

Good luck with it, get to modding that!:cool:
The ST is actually a relatively hard-to-find car. It was not produced nearly as much as the regular Focus, but I do get your point. Production aside, I find my car damn close in coolness to a CSVT.

Thanksfor the compliments, though:cool:

haha so many negative nancies! Car looks as good as a blurry photo can make it :laugh:! Have fun with it!
Thanks! Just need monster truck tires, now:laugh:
I'd drive it. :shrug:

I would have gotten a hatch though. :drool:
I tried the hatch, but in this year, I think the front end just looks a bit mis-placed..
You picked a great color when it is clean, but keeping it clean is about as bad as it gets. Lower it, get some decent tires, and have some fun.
Ya, it's already dirty after two days:laugh:

The Pirellis on this car aren't bad, they're certainly better than the POS Kumhos on the Contour...
The focus will be fun, enjoy shifting your own gears. :cool:
It's a blast!
what are ur plans for it
Not much, just basic bolt-ons for now.
I think it's a nice choice. I would rock it. Better pics coming soon?
Actually, if memory serves me correctly; they do sell an ST hatch. At least in Europe I am almost certain they do.
Definately better pics OTW...

The Euro ST is a 2.5L turbo beast. It's a whole 'nother creature than the USDM ST, wich was only sold as a sedan.

Thanks to anyone who bothered to be positive:cool:

Sorry if I came across as negative.

If/when the key gets stuck in the ignition, the outside door handles brake off, the cooling fans fall out the bottom or the starter goes south, Pm me and I will walk you through it. :laugh:

Nice ride. The Focus ST was the only focus besides the SVT that have rear disc brakes. Why do ford still use drum brakes which are 50's technology. It really needs to be lowered, the back sites really high.

Back