• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How much Mondeo can I get on my car?

KAOS_3.0

Hard-core CEG'er
ok, so I know people claim it's a pita to use mondy parts on the 'tour, but how much?

I'm comfortable with drilling new mounting holes, and shaving some foam, cutting the rebar component ect in the front bumper. can it be done without any paint/bondo?

also, I', guessing the ST200 didn't come in my color, so I'll have to get the bumper color coded.

is there any difference in the side skirts, or are they basically SVT's? if so, I'd like to just use SE side skirts.

will the ST sedan rear bumper fit? or is the length on the sides different? will the trunk lip fit in right, or will that be modification?

will the ST200 grill work?

also, I can't seem to find a pic of mondy sail panels, anybody got one?

and what would say, a german MKII Ghia interior look like?

thanks, just some stuff I'd like to eventually do when I get to that step of things

I was looking around at the uk e-bay today. I'm already definately going to buy some mondy clear fender markers (because they are the correct part.

and I've been thinking about the sail panels for a while too.

I'd definately want the ST200 front, but if shipping is too crazy, I'd retain my se rear bumper. idk

as for money to fit the parts, I suppose you dont know anything about me at all.

I'm about as likely to pay for a service as I am to set my genitals on fire.

that was the 'tour morettes

I thought he still had the mondy ones.

at any rate, I've been looking around e-bay.co.uk and theres a ton of stuff over there. I've been asking a ton of folks about shipping

this is not my greatest priority by far though.

yes, badsvt bought the Contour spec morettes. M!key still has the UK spec ones(unless he sold them without posting). most mondeo body parts will require quite a bit of modification to use on the contour. not sure on the bumper. i know the headlights and grille are totally different on both cars. the bumper probably wont line up correctly

If you want everything to line up without doing all the fiberglass work to make them, you'll need the entire front clip, and you will be forced to use the Mondeo lights since they are completely different size/shape (not to mention the mounts being different) than the Contour headlights. Then what if the fender and doors don't line up? Now you need the doors too, which may not line up with the roofline.

The rear bumper cover on Mondeos are totally flat, where the Contour rears have a dip for the trunklid. So I would say no on that too. And the trunks are different, as well as the taillights.

The German Mk2 dash is similar to the 98+ Contour, but they use a console that looks more like a pre98 Contour one. Seeing as the radio/HVAC area is different, I'm gonna say the console isn't the same as a pre98 Contour one, so you'll need the whole dash and the console.

Look at the UK one here, just mirror it for Germany: http://www.ukcar.com/road_tests/Ford/mondeo/v6/v6.htm

Seats are different, and ST200 ones had Recaros, but I imagine these should bolt in (but who knows!). The rear seats are different as they have headrests (no place for them to mount on Contours).

Pretty much you're gonna need like the whole damn car for the cosmetic stuff. However, in my experience, the mechanical stuff is the same.

What everyone is trying to say is, spend your money elsewhere, but it's up to you. The GBP exchange rate is pretty good, only multiply it by about 1.5 to get the USD cost (used to be almost 1:2). Then throw in international oversized shipping.

Interesting...that generation Mondeo didn't use Contour center consoles...they used Mystique center consoles. I never did understand why the Contour and Mystique used different consoles. :shrug:

Interesting...that generation Mondeo didn't use Contour center consoles...they used Mystique center consoles. I never did understand why the Contour and Mystique used different consoles. :shrug:
Probably so the rebadge would be less....err....blatantly obvious? Granted, Ford did a slightly better job rebadging than GM did with the 1st gen Escalade. That was nothing more than emblems and possibly grille mesh. :rolleyes: Pretty sure everything else was identical to the Denali.

Back