• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

surfboards

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
if my boards keep coming out as good as they are i am going to start doing boards for other people on a limited basis, dont wanna take on 10 boards and have a ton of people waiting. so it would be like 1 at a time. i can do boards from 5'0 to 12'0 with different shapes,rockers, fin set ups, and colors. the bigger the board the more expensive its going to be. i can size boards like thrusters and fishes for its riders as well as make longboards that are noseriders.

thought id give you guys a heads up before ya go and purchase a cheap crappy china pop out that wont last over a year.i bought one and i dont think it will last till next winter. now if its from a reputable shaper then by all means buy from him. they are the ones trying to make a living from this. i am trying to improve my skill on different shapes along with being able to afford trying different materials and shapes.

pm for more information or reply to the thread.

or mods can delete this if it isnt right

i surfed above atlantic city right after one of the hurricanes. it was pretty big day and the waves broke out about a 1/4 mile out. so it was sort of a long paddle. i beleive most of nj is like that but it was a good time.

i surfed the wildlife reserve where they have the wild ponies down in maryland a couple times but the currents were pretty strong but the waves were long. paddling out there wasnt to far and far shorter then nj.

i also surfed right out in front of ocean city boardwalk. this was the closest area to paddle out and had great waves also. it really depends on time you go, during hurricane season is when it gets huge. this week is gonna be pretty good tho cold with water temps in 60 or below. during the summer it can look like a lake.

all i can say is go to a shop when your at the shore, rent a pretty long board and go out and try. if you have skateboarded or snowboarded or have really good balance you could be catching waves by the end of the week. just watch out for others and the locals. they can be jerks sometimes but most are really cool

all i can say is go to a shop when your at the shore, rent a pretty long board and go out and try. if you have skateboarded or snowboarded or have really good balance you could be catching waves by the end of the week. just watch out for others and the locals. they can be jerks sometimes but most are really cool
yah ive skateboarded and wakeboarded before. and i snowboard alot, im sure id be a natural. i dont think ive ever seen anyone with a surfboard anytmie ive ever been at the shore, and ive never been out in the ocean deeper than my neck, never been past that first set of waves. i wanna try surfing soo bad.

yeah but if its a normal surf day when u fall off youll be in knee deep water haha

i think we should have a beach meet sumtime...
im down anytime

yeah i am more familiar with maryland beaches but i could do some searching if places in new jersey are closer we can try a place in nj.

assateague which is in maryland is a national park with wild ponies for you people who like horses. has a huge parking lot(have to pay to park) and place with a bath room and stuff. short trip from there maybe like 15-30 min to get into ocean city strip where all the good eats are.

i think tonite i might start a thread that maybe we could have stickied up to the top so we can sort things out. but theres no gaurentee there will be waves the day we go.

yeah i am more familiar with maryland beaches but i could do some searching if places in new jersey are closer we can try a place in nj.

assateague which is in maryland is a national park with wild ponies for you people who like horses. has a huge parking lot(have to pay to park) and place with a bath room and stuff. short trip from there maybe like 15-30 min to get into ocean city strip where all the good eats are.

i think tonite i might start a thread that maybe we could have stickied up to the top so we can sort things out. but theres no gaurentee there will be waves the day we go.

Indian River Inlet, Tower Road just south of Dewey Beach, Cape Henlopen State Park.

All in Delaware. Always breaking.

See you guys there.

Back