• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looked under my car... what am i missing (Pic)

its not a bolt its a pivot for the linkage. your rubber grommet fell out. you can call bill J at team ford for a new end. the whole white end will come in a package. either replace the whole end or just pop the rubber grommet out and into yours.

its not a bolt its a pivot for the linkage. your rubber grommet fell out. you can call bill J at team ford for a new end. the whole white end will come in a package. either replace the whole end or just pop the rubber grommet out and into yours.

I thought he was talking about the "stud" sticking out of the shift cable. Dunno...

I Had The Samething . I Had To Replace The Whole Damm Thing. Lol

Yeah its a pain to get out. push the orage thing down untill it clicks and stays down. Then pull it off the linkage. Mine got stuck and it wouldnt come off for anything. I ended up using a small saw and sawing the white thing into pieces without damaging the linkage.

take it off, drive to a hardware store with someone elses car, find a grommet that fits in it, pop it back on. any grommet that fits in it that's pure rubber, and is about 1/4" inner diameter will work. otherwise buy the whole end, im sure they are cheap.

just like tricker said get a rubber gromet that will fit the shaft and fill in the female end then find a c-clip that will snap on the end to keep it from comiing off. Plus I added a washer to make it swivel better to avoid the end from pulling the c-clip off. Easy fix

exactly Burritasvt that clip popped off on me(luckily in my d-way)I freaked out at first when the cable and clip came off..lol easy fix though good luck

Back