• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I think snows a comin...

4x4 w/skinny Blizzaks FTW!! Sue's Cherokee is awesome in the snow. I was driving thru snow bumper deep last winter up a hill, havin a blast!

Is it me or do Blizzaks have a soft sidewall?

I had to up my pressure from stock rating of 32 to 35. The sidewall still looks a little rolled over on the bottom.

Is it me or do Blizzaks have a soft sidewall?

I had to up my pressure from stock rating of 32 to 35. The sidewall still looks a little rolled over on the bottom.

more then likely, I aired up my tires properly the oter night and today the looked alittle low, but then again it was colder also which will make the air pressure drop .... you could always go get them filled with nitrogen that should not change pressure as much with the change in temp ....

pss you guys and your blizzaks, it doesnt even snow that much down there!! My all seasons are perfect in dry and snow :)

pss you guys and your blizzaks, it doesnt even snow that much down there!! My all seasons are perfect in dry and snow :)

Yeah, and why would I buy all-seasons for like $700 when I can get dedicated snows, used with one season on them for about $300? :shrug:

Yeah, and why would I buy all-seasons for like $700 when I can get dedicated snows, used with one season on them for about $300? :shrug:

because your car wont run like crap in the winter when you attempt to go fast or corner hard (obv. under dry conditions) wanna fight?

Yeah, about 95% of the vehicles I see that have gone off the road in wintry conditions are large 4x4's.

Alright, F winter....I put my good wheels back on for another week or two. I like driving my car to work and back, but it looks like crap with the snows on.

I'm close to doing the smae thing but I need to get the summer tires off the contour ... they looked awful low on air pressure last weekend ...

One more day and I'll be home. the semester is over for me and it doesn't look like it's going to be a white christmas. I was outside in shorts and a T shirt today.

Can't wait to drive my car. Poor baby has been sitting for far too long. Gotta fill the coolant though, was at the min when i put it to sleep.

Besides that, I'm soooo glad I sold my snowboard, def not gonna be much snow this year. Maybe Jan and later will be better.

BTW when is our next meet?

I'm good with any curry except the peanut-butter-flavored kind I tried at the Mantra.

Shall I contribute some Irish beef stew especially for Kim?

Christmas party in NH today....Shorts, flip-flops, top-down Miata day! Can you believe Christams is in a week!!

Back