• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I think snows a comin...

MAZDASPEED

Hard-core CEG'er
Looks like we might be geting the dreaded white stuff on Monday. Any one else getting ready for it?

The snowblower got a cab from Sears. The house got the rear gutter ripped off and white icecicle lights for the front.

We just put a ton of work into Sue's Jeep in preparation of the season. New shocks, front rotors, pads, u joints, wheel bearing, all new bearings in the front diff, new diff fluid front and rear...and of course the snow wheels and tires went on.

The summer wheels came off the Mazdaspeed and into their bags. I installed my steel wheels with the snow tires...just in case (and to prevent flat spotting my good tires).

IMG_6432.jpg

Last edited:
I'm ready, the place I work also does plowing. And the snow blowers r pooring in (repair). I fixed 6 in the past 3 days on top of everything else.

not sure yet ... all I have seen for monday is a snow/rain mix ... I think I will get the snow tires on the Mystique this weekend though ...

I'm glad for the snow. Sad I'll have to put the winter shoes on the Maxima -- but its summer tires need replacing anyway so it's probably a good thing for the time being!

Wow, I just got back from a quick little test drive and I am amazed at how much lighter the 15" steel wheels and skinny winter rubbers feel compared to the 17" stockers and the performance tires. I think my winter mission is to pick up a set of 15" OEM alloys and put some Falken RT615s on them for autox next year.

I think I know that feeling, I believe i noticed my car was alittle quicker with 15" wheels back on it over the FSVT 17's ...

Yup, took off the rims and put back on the alloys with some nice all season tires.

Wont be driving much but just in case I'll be all set, got the shovel in the back, flashlight, extra jacket. Hopefully i'll never have to use them, b/c if i have too that means my car is done.

I hear snow for monday!!, but after last nights storm anything is possible.

Just finished mounting the E1's with Blizzak WS-50's. :cool:

BRING THAT FUGGIN' SNOW ON! :laugh:

I also just finished getting my SE 8 spoke wheels with Dunlop Graspic snows on the Mystique, just need to double check that the lug nuts are torqued right after driving the car and I am good to go ... almost want to get up earlier tomorrow to go drive around in the snow :laugh:

man is it cold out too, humidity is going up and the temp is coming down ...

yea apparently the lug key I got from gorilla, I was trying to use it to take off my rims, its a spline pattern and fits perfectly, BUT uppon trying to loosen up the lugs, the thickness of the key was hitting the finish and BADLY gashed the area surrounding the lugs. I compared the key to that of the one I broke that mikey provided, mikes was a little thinner and etc. So now im gonna hafta call wheelmax and have them ship me one although they refused last time since I personally didnt buy the wheels from them but from another person. This is going to interesting, I dont want my wheels stuck on, I need them OFF ASAP and Im not damaging them to do so! I already messed one wheel up :nonono:

so what happended to the snow :mad: I actually wanted alittle this morning after working to get the snows on the car ....

i put snows onthe vic about 3 weeks ago..maybe that will keep the snow away.

i really have to get my snow blower into the garage and clean the carb, co it will run a little better this year.

No snow at all here. Driving on Blizzaks is so wierd compared to my KDW2's.

Blizzaks really don't like higher speeds on the highway. The car feels like it's fighting me. Oh well, I guess I should slow down. :laugh:

Back