• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need some help

zx2ner

New CEG'er
hey guys i am still working on the 98 Contour, I have the engine out and ready to be dropped in, but i am running into some snags,

I need to know where the negative battery cable bolts on, the one coming off the negative terminal from the battery

I also need some of the little push clips that hold the connectors to the plug, mine were either damaged or lost to begin with, I have called ford and the can not get me the part, and junk yards around dont have any parts except the engine and trans, they have been crushing the junk cars.

::MOD EDIT:: My washer bottle is broken. I am also saddened that I can't post yet in the Classifieds but will PM members with items for sale instead. ::MOD EDIT::

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the negative cable is grounded to the motor.

And what clips are you looking for? The only thing I can think of that has clips are for the injectors and a few other harness connections. Are they the small wire clips?

You have a PM

yes the main battery ground bolts to one of the tranmission bolts. the one that is located at the top by the front head if a duratec ...

there is a separate bolt that the cable goes to on the trans. its just down from the top bellhousing bolts.

Maybe under one of the starter mounting bolts like zetec Focus. Doesn't matter. Just bolt it to anything big on motor/trans. I've tried to buy those clips too, they told me you must buy the entire harness. Some junkyards will have them, they can't stay above water just crushing the cars only. They MUST sell some of the parts over their counter. Keep looking.

Back