• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dual exhaust

RRT_SVT

CEG'er
i wan to installl the dual exhaust the real one, with pipping in size 2
i want to know the number or part number of the mufflers, magnaflow or flowmaster thanks in advance for the help

i dont remember who made it buth wasa silver svt have real dual exhaust like the mustng in H i want to order the mufflers by ebay the magnaflow or flowmater in size 2 and want a good sound i think i need 2 mufflers

It was DemonSVT

PM him or look at one of his posts and you can link to his website where he has all the pictures.

Duals-Off.jpg

looks nice don't it? :p

shavedSVT has true duals here in PA. he went around the gas tank but his hangs down pretty low. i think thats due to bad hangars. his has no resonators and sounds pretty bad though (no offense, grant, but i think you know that they are too raspy)

i'll try to direct him to this thread

Roger's old car, aka stryped had true duals that went around the tank if i remember correctly. But Roger, I'm sorry, that car sounded like ASS. but there wasn't much of anything on it except a couple big ole cans. SZ05, whenever i followed that car i thought a plane was following me. The sweetest sound to my ears were when Chad ran outta gas haha

has anyone used a x-pipe instead of using an h-pipe??

Don't think so... you'd have to do some calculations on where the X would go (would look more like a very italicized X) since it's there to even out the pipes, but since our engine is transverse, you're starting out with way different lengths to compensate (the post of Demon's system is a good visual of this).

And about duals sounding like ass... original owner of my SVT has done 15 different exhaust configurations before he found what he wanted. #14 was a true dual setup, but fell back on #13 after deciding duals sound like crap on a V6.

Here's an example of a true dual V6: Camry Dual Exhaust (turn volume down a bit!)

Ranger Dual Exhuast

Heh... just reminded me something... My 1990 Accord 2.2L had a dual exhaust manifold (as in, 1 and 3 cylinders into one tube, 2 and 4 into a seperate one) that combined at the cat. I could have put true duals on a 4 cylinder! Would have sounded something like a 4 cylinder Subaru with true duals!

Last edited:
Jebus! that sounds like a GT race car

Only because it was too damn close to the Video camera, people need to put the camera FAR away when you are trying for an exhaust video. You dont get all of the distortion.

Back