• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HeadLight Lense

VO1GXG

New CEG'er
I have a 98 Mystique GS Beige in colour. The lenses have sort of a yellowish discolouration to them. Any ideas on how i can clean them up and make them clear again? I know when i am resoring antique radio dial covers that have yellowed i use aluminium polish and that cleans and clears them.
Attached is a photo of the car.

Matt.

Attachments

• IMG_0003336.jpg
    IMG_0003336.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
Same idea, plastic polish. The yellow was at one time a clear paint they shoot over the plastic to preserve clarity for a while. It yellows with age. If you repaint, make sure you only use enamel, lacquer will craze the plastic. That plastic crazes by itself over the long term unlike some plastics used in Ford's other cars.

This has been covered an unbelievable amount of times. Do a search, look in the facts, or even just go into the aesthetic forum.

Last edited:
thanks all.

Went to NAPA today and picked up Miguires # 10 and #17 polish and cleaner, what a diffrence !! :shocked: think i'll clean up the lights on the Ford Windstar!

Cheers.

Back