• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I think I've found my Project Contour....

I have a short shifter, the headlights minus the HID's and some misc. oil and fluids that never got put into Swazo. I also have the questionable 3L shortblock, but that's getting torn down to finally see if it took a s*** and then sold for scrap.

I will be getting a Contique, one way or another. It won't be anything like my last CSVT, it'll be better.

Well the guy got pretty offended when I offered him $450 and scoffed at his "$600 firm" attitude. :shrug:

The Contour Gods simply do not like me.

Well the guy got pretty offended when I offered him $450 and scoffed at his "$600 firm" attitude. :shrug:

I paid $500 for a running 1994 Taurus SHO with a blown head gasket in 2005 (it ended up needing an entire motor, among other things), when the car was 11 years old, so I don't think you're out of the ballpark asking $450 for a non running Contour of similar vintage.

its a long drive from Salt Lake City to Louisville but i have a shell you can have for free. you just have to come get it. :D:D

That is tempting, but piecing together what's missing might cost more than I want to put into an el-cheapo Contour.

How complete is it, or is it really a shell? Interior? Suspension (not really that important really...)

That is tempting, but piecing together what's missing might cost more than I want to put into an el-cheapo Contour.

How complete is it, or is it really a shell? Interior? Suspension (not really that important really...)
most of the interior is torn apart but there. i have the dash panel in the basement, no gauge cluster or center console. still has seats and carpet. i have the pedal assembly but its out of the car. has rear subframe with control arms, but no other suspension ( i do have SVT springs and rear sway bar). front sway bar is still on the zetec/mtx front subframe. i have headlights and corner lights, a front bumper that needs a little work. fuel tank is still in it (needs passenger tank strap) with a walbro 255 LPH pump. trunk and tail lights are still there along with the liscense plate holders (needs bulbs, i have a set of leds but they flicker when the car is running). no plastic cowl panel but i do have the wiper motor and wiper arms. front calipers, knuckles, and non svt caliper brackets. i have good front and rear sway bar endlinks that, as long as nobody buys them, i can put in the car as well. sterring column, wheel and airbag, and covers are out but i have them. i have the dash panel wiring harness as well. the left rear quarter panel was dented and beat out but still needs work (some bondo or cut and weld a new panel). also the passenger side at the very bottom in front of the rear wheel is dented.

the biggest plus is that its free if you come get it.

edit: I was actually planning on using quite a bit of the stuff on a project for myself but since ive decided to go back to school that project is on hold for a couple years.

That's pretty damn cool of you to offer, thank you. After crunching the numbers, it might be cheaper for me to have it shipped. But at that point, I might as well pay this local guy what he wants for his car.

I might just hold out until I can find a fairly close CSVT that needs TLC

Back