• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lincoln-Mercury Motorsports

LauraSVT

I'm a dude, no really!
For those of you that are older, or older at heart. :cool:

main.php

main.php

Here it is, all 91 pages:

http://foureyedpride.com/fep_bild/v/img_arch/album03/82_lm_motorsport/front_cover.jpg.html

Really? My memories of it are everything wrong with the American auto industry at that point. I was all of 8 years old and I remember it being cheap.

Really? My memories of it are everything wrong with the American auto industry at that point. I was all of 8 years old and I remember it being cheap.

I was about that age and I thought it was awesome cuz it was lifted so high off the ground LOL

Every now and then I see one of those still running on the road and I am absolutely shocked.

The 4.2 liter straight six under the hood was a pretty durable mill. These cars have a cult-like following, but what they lacked is less a testament to the Kenosha, Wisconsin based workers than it is to the unfortunate reality of a cash strapped company. As the smallest of America's four automakers, AMC just wasn't able to survive the crunch of the Seventies and very early Eighties. Getting acquired by Renault helped and hurt at the same time, for as it imparted cash flow, it diluted the brand's focus. Some may argue that some quirky designs in the 1970s didn't help, either.

You mean like this one?

images

If they ony had Wayne's world AMC would still be here :) j/k I guess I believe if they could of focused on jeep they could be another harley... jeep was the best thing they had and it is the best thing chrysler has now. AMC designed the Cherokee and they had the Wrangler. those were good vehicles design wise. what killed them and almost killed chrysler was the EPA government regulations have killed there fair share of corportions in america. ohwell I guess we need more regualtions....

You mean like this one?

images

Yes, that might just be an example. At least it had doors of two different lengths. The passenger's door was longer so that if you were getting into the car drunk, you wouldn't run the risk of hitting your shoulder on the door frame, but could still slide across into the driver's seat.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

It was to ease passenger ingress into the rear seat.

Back