• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT center console = Regular Contique center console

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Maybe this was already known, but yea they are identical! I had my SVT center console off to repair the e-brake boot that broke free and when looking at the underside I noticed what appear to be a cup holder spot for the rear passengers, yet it wasn't? After further invesitagtion I realized that all Ford had done was to simply screw in a bracket insert into the regular contique center console around the cubby hole and rear cup holder to allow the installation of a flip up lid. Thats all it is. The insert bracket is the black ring that can be seen under the lid, which is screwed down into the two holes in the regular Contiques rear cup holder and then fastens to the front of the little cubby hole where the lock mechanism for the lid is mounted. The lid cover then just bolts to the bracket insert piece and wal-la SVT center console.

Ummm, isn't it:
SVT center console = Post 98 center console - Rear cup holder + gimp armrest ?:confused:

Haha... actually wouldn't it be

SVT Center Console = Post 98 Center Console + bracket insert + gimp armrest??

The rear cup colder is still physically there, just covered up. :D

How functional is the rear cup holder? I'd consider de/recontenting for a functional cup holder. :)

Back