• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HER Project, but Im Bugg'n!

TourEnvy

Hard-core CEG'er
So If you saw my other thread about V-Dubs, this is why we broke into the scene. This is Christina's new project. 1964 VW bug Type 1 Standard. Painted Mountain Green a color from a 81' Rabbit. Its been sitting since 1990 and has a 1500cc engine. The Passenger pan has a hole at the battery tray (common issue).

As of right now I helped her out getting the interior ripped out, and all the tar board off the floors. They're down to paint and metal right now. The tank is next to clean and to run new lines with the filter before the trans and then at that point she will start on a tune up.

Im proud of her taking on this project, she is a 4th grade teacher and has a very stressful day. After seening how I built my Mustang into what I wanted, she too wanted an outlet to be creative and see physical and emotional rewards.

She has helped me with my cars, but this is hers and she has learned alot and has plently more learning and work to do.

Oh yeah, this wont be a resto, it will be Cali-style, slammed cruiser, on welds and white walls! Woot, happens to be my stlye!

On with the pics!

100_2009.jpg

100_2010.jpg

100_2011.jpg

100_2012.jpg

100_2013.jpg

100_2014.jpg

100_2015.jpg

I have been helping with some research so if any one has ? let me know.

nice bug evan:). so thats gonna be christina's toy? sweet. looks like u dont have to do much to it, externally. but wait! dont tell me u got a garage for hers while ur tropic green sits outside, braving the elements???? say it isnt so!!!

I know it's kinda hard seeing take the garage, but it really cant sit outside yet. Plus, now I only get to use the garage if I have to. Keeps me from spending money I guess.

I really wanted to get my suspension upgrade at some point. :cry:

I know it's kinda hard seeing take the garage, but it really cant sit outside yet. Plus, now I only get to use the garage if I have to. Keeps me from spending money I guess.

I really wanted to get my suspension upgrade at some point. :cry:

thats cool. honestly, ur car sits very nicely as is. unless u really wanna go lower. one more thing... those 13" baers are calling for ya!;)

NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!! I love the old beetles!!!!! I have a green svt also, but I am looking for an old beetle to replace it. Thought I had a couple potential buyers for her but looks like they backed out :( I'll keep an eye out for any updates on this, can't wait to see how the bug turns out!!!!

Back