• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Kinda new owner

98MystiqueLS

CEG'er
Hey guys whats up. I just got a 1998 Mystique LS 5spd. Black on grey. Traded a 93 Taurus SHO for it. I live in Cranston RI. anyone else on here near me and are there any meets comming up soon. I got a few minor issues with the car that i could use some expert knowledge with.:laugh:

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

Looks pretty nice and clean too. Congrats!

The only thing I would do RIGHT RIGHT NOW. Take off the woodgrain and get some black Panels for the car it will look so much nicer especially w the black paint outside!!!

SHO's are kool.

- amyn

ehhh i dont mind the woodgrain. My other car is a Honda Element and i have the center part of the dash and around the vents all painted black. I think im going to keep the wood. What i really want is to make it look like an SVT. First though i want to get a Trubendz Borla exhaust because right now its just cut after the resinator...previous owner thought it would be cool lol.

is there a mod to make the fogs come on with just the parking lights. I did it with my maxima and sho

yes check out the main site for the fog lamp mod.

if you need things fixed on your car pm aircougar. he is outside springfield, ma and is the local mechanic of the group. as for meets there is one this saturday. since its the end of the season there isn't going to be to much going on, most of us have are will be putting the cars away for the winter.

Nice car!:cool:

Aircougar has helped countless people, and if you ever get down about your car, read "The Picture Says it All". That will inspire you.

Looks pretty nice and clean too. Congrats!

The only thing I would do RIGHT RIGHT NOW. Take off the woodgrain and get some black Panels for the car it will look so much nicer especially w the black paint outside!!!

SHO's are kool.

- amyn

I think the wood grain looks good on that color interior. I hate it on Midnight Blue like they did with other Mystiques. :nonono:

He wouldn't be able to find something else to swap in anyways. Pre-98 is not gonna fit correctly because of the center console change, and later bezels are the same as Contour and won't fit the Mystique dash.

Nice lookin car though! I've always had a thing for the 98+ Mystiques.

Nice lookin car though! I've always had a thing for the 98+ Mystiques.
Agreed!

Kinda weird, 24vtom is a new CEGer and acquired a 98 Mystique black with gray leather, V6 5spd, twin to yours. I saw it last Saturday, it's in good shape. They're fairly rare to begin with, and to get two new NE-CEGers in a month with the same car is pretty funny.

Agreed!

Kinda weird, 24vtom is a new CEGer and acquired a 98 Mystique black with gray leather, V6 5spd, twin to yours. I saw it last Saturday, it's in good shape. They're fairly rare to begin with, and to get two new NE-CEGers in a month with the same car is pretty funny.

Thats kinda ironic. I like the car. I have always wanted a SVT but dont have the money so i figured this was close enough. My cousin had a 00 SVT Black on Black a few years ago. He baught it with 3500 miles on it from some guy who was going to buy a Z06. Ever since then i wanted one.
OH and if anyone wants the rims let me know. I have another set i want to put on. Im only selling the rims tho. No tires.

And what are the details of the meet.

And what are the details of the meet.

It's the beer, oysters, steak thread.
tour the Budweiser plant in Merrimack, NH then out for some eats at a steakhouse nearby.
It might be kind of a hike for you, but feel free to come on up.
More of the older, grayhaired members from New England will be in attendance. ;) :laugh:
(30+ has become ancient around here, and the young whippersnappers like to bust our bawlz about it)

well now im definately not going to the meet. On my way home tonight about 1 mile from my house the tranny blew up. Theres a 2 inch hole in my tranny. So now to decided what to do.:help:

Aw crap :(

EDIT: cannondalemtb has a tranny for sale, and he's rather close to you. He's in North Attleboro, MA. Perfect condition tranny for $500 or so. Might want to hit him up!

Aw crap :(

EDIT: cannondalemtb has a tranny for sale, and he's rather close to you. He's in North Attleboro, MA. Perfect condition tranny for $500 or so. Might want to hit him up!

yeah pick that up and then have the car towed to aicougars and he can swap it out.

Agreed!

they are twins in more way then one now :help:

sorry guys, hope you get your cars fixed quickly and easily

"Kinda weird, 24vtom is a new CEGer and acquired a 98 Mystique black with gray leather, V6 5spd, twin to yours. I saw it last Saturday, it's in good shape. They're fairly rare to begin with, and to get two new NE-CEGers in a month with the same car is pretty funny."

this is ironic.lol. nice car 98mystiqueLS i like the black stockers.:laugh: i thought about painting mine but wasnt sure on how they would turn out.. now i know

here is a few bad pics of mine

Oct09_0004.jpg

Oct24_0002.jpg

as you can see in one pic, i lowered the rear.. im just waiting on some bat struts so i can wrap them in the eibachs i got from Matt.

holy :censored::censored::censored::censored:, i didnt realize that 98mystique LS was the one that blew his clutch. i blew my diff apart at the track on friday night, the same damn night..... this is borderline creepy.... are you just copying me 98mystiqueLS? lol

apparently i am lol. Yea im really not worried about getting it fixed asap. Im saving up right now cause while i have the tranny out im doing the 3l swap and putting a new clutch in. I have a 04 Honda Element thats my dd. But yea im not crazy about the painted rims myself. Im swapping them out for a set of 05 Focus rims that my friend had got for his focus. Just gotta swap the tires. Anyone want my black stockies? lol

Heres a pic of the Tranny.
cid__1422160_.jpg

And if your wondering heres a pic of my Element
IMG_0924.jpg

why do they call the honda element , the Element? its 80% plastic and plastci is a compoud i think. lol

jk man.. what town are u in, id take those stockers off ur hands

Back