• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Applying throttle, roll-in, mash-it....results.

The AFR goes lean at tip in an enriches quickly as the RPM increases. It does PEG rich (10.0:1) when the boost hits so that needs to be addressed in the future as well.

Being that the stumble happens and clears so quickly its hard to get a good look at what the AFR did/is doing at that moment. I should data log the event and see if any of the PIDS are way out of wack at that instant.

It is not just at low RPM either. Even rolling in like 4th at ~3K and roll firmly into the throttle, the studder comes in. Basically, its comes somewhere between applying the additional peddal and reaching positive boost. So, in the lag region is where I feel it.

I imagine it would do the same in 3rd or 2nd but this thing tears through the revs in those gears.

I get the stumbling issue only when I let the engine bog down in gear and than roll into throttle. Doesnt always do it, but usualy. Ran out of time to tune it. Though timing had an a positive effect.

So how soon does everyone start to build boost?

Thats what Im looking for. Very nice turbo you have. I am currently building at 3500. Hope to improve on that over the winter. Depends on a few things though.

from a stop its some time shortly after the secondaries open. on the highway its just about immediate.

from a stop its some time shortly after the secondaries open. on the highway its just about immediate.

wow damn thats some lag off the line. Ask ob1 about my non lag, I took him for a ride last weekend and blipped the gas peddal and the tires started roasting,lol

Sorry no updates on the throttle application discussion. I need to get Joey some data logs. On a side note, now that its gotten pretty chilly around here this thing rips even harder!!

Same as Ryan, sometime before 3000 RPM. Gotta love the dual ball bearings. Hard to tell though, can't see the tach as it is swinging to the right too fast. LOL. I love the IMMEDIATE boost at highway speed.

Need to start a new form of competitive drag racing, ONLY from a 40 roll.

Ryan, we will have to park the 2k Silver, GT3076R 3Ls side-by-side at SZ09.

Back