• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Member. Saying Hi!

theSCHAFF

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey everyone! I've only been registered about a week. i just got a 98.5 Contour SVT. i'll post better pictures that I personally have taken as soon as i get them (the ones i'm posting are from previouse owner)

I'm actually posting because i've noticed alot of pics of people's CSVT's have moonroofs... mine does not ? was that an option the original owner didnt get or something ? :shrug:

Pic:
wLpLvpz1e3Wbj7altoxyPxdMgrum.jpg

Mods as i know them:
Eibach springs
18x7.5 ADR wheels
Carbon Fiber / Cowl hood
Eyelids
Tinted trunk tail-light section

I want a short shift kit and new poly. bushings & syncros (Any suggestions ?) & a Black grill how do i get rid of the "chrome" ?

Attachments

• wLpLvpz1e3Wbj7altoxyPxdMgrum.jpg
    wLpLvpz1e3Wbj7altoxyPxdMgrum.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
Welcome!

As you know, the tranny will have to come apart for the new syncros. You're going to get 50 posts from people, telling you to upgrade the differential, so I'll save them the trouble and tell you first. Quaife and Torsen make excellent limited slip differentials.
As for the short throw, your best two options are the Steeda or the B&M. Do a few searched to see which one fits your wants/needs better.

As for painting the front grill, there are a few ways to go about it. Some people on here dip their chrome ring in muratic acid, which I believe takes about a week to eat away the chrome film. You could also sand the chrome down by hand, and paint it yourself, or have it done professionally. Just make sure to lay down a couple coats of primer, a few coats of paint, and a couple of clear, being patient to let everything dry, and wet sanding if necessary.

Again, welcome!

Mark

Welcome to the site and congrats on the nice SVT. Keep her in great shape and she will be a blast to drive :cool:

SVT's had sunroofs as an option in 98, but I think it was standard after that?? All I know is that yes, 98 SVT's could come without a sunroof, although you don't see them very often.

Welcome to the CEG.

Congrats on your new ride, looks good. Can't wait to see more pictures of it.

All SVT's were available with or without sunroofs.
The only options for SVT's were the sunroof, a CD player, and in later years a spoiler.

On the E0's you had to pay for the options where, with the E1's and up they were no-charge options.

Thanks for all the replys guys! yah the tranny syncros will have to wait as we all know thats not a really cheap job. 1st thing is a short shifter. I love the car, the stock exhaust and modified air box sound amazing. im lookin into exhaust systems or at least just mufflers or just bigger tips. as the stock exhuast sounds pretty good to me. I really want to get the chrome grill black tho. anyhow i'll try and post more pics ASAP. btw she only has 64,500 mi :laugh:

Back