• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Modified my Festiva's tails :)

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
I hated the orange turn signal lens on my festiva...so i fixed it.

Used Krylon "Stained Glass" to tint it red. Also gave them a nice tinted look They go off for clear coating soon. One of my extra tails is pictured for the "stock" shot, in front of it is my work. Working on a grill to :) Ah, i miss the days of cheap modding, i've already done most of the inexpensive stuff and a lot of the expensive stuff on the SVT, so cheap mods are fiew and far between now days.

What do you think?

IMG00054.jpg

*cough* contour related *cough*

th_Burnout.jpg

Last edited:
have u read up on the KL swap in a festiva? If so how much of that info will work with the duratec swap?

i like that picture of your burnout more than the pic of the lights, but they look really nice actually. that would be something cool to do to a stock tailllight on a tour :)

i like it! whats the rest of the car look like?

A mostly-stock festiva, Dark Blue, de-badged, with a half-gutted interior and a weapoin R racing seat i got for free and built a bracket for.....soooo comfy.

i like that picture of your burnout more than the pic of the lights, but they look really nice actually. that would be something cool to do to a stock tailllight on a tour :)

Just waite till you see waht i'm working on for tour tails....

~Josh

Last edited:
Dayum, that looks waaay better. Nice work! :cool:

That spice rack sure has gotten alot of whoring lately LOL:laugh:

Heh... get some "PDN" (Polish Domestic Market) Kia Pride tails:

autko_4.jpg

(yes, I know it's Korean, but the picture is of a Polish Pride... they sell the same tails on the Mazda 121 here).

Here's some HDNs (Hungarian Domestic Market) on a Mazda 121:

mazda121_5229_jh.jpg

have u read up on the KL swap in a festiva? If so how much of that info will work with the duratec swap? :)

have u read up on the KL swap in a festiva? If so how much of that info will work with the duratec swap? :)

I don't know what the KL swap is or if it has ever been done.....but i do know that a duratec swap has never been done, i will be the first. It'll be a complete Contour SVT drivetrain and suspension on a custom built chassis in the Festiva.

Since the big picture for PRT will be custom suspension and chassis design and fab, this will be a decent calling card till my big project is done.

~Josh

Back