• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New to SF, looking for bodyshop/mechanic

notbrain

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Anyone have any recommendations as to where I should take my 00 SVT to get worked on? The city hasn't been nice to her...just had the rear passenger side window bashed in and my driver's side mirror ripped off. Also need a good look-over.

I know the city will be expensive, so if there's a good shop in the bay area, I'd really appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks!
Brian
San Francisco

Robert is just across the bay bridge in san pablo. He knows the contours inside and out.

low budget racing
robert
his cell number is:
925 864 8241
3024 giant rd
sanpablo c.a. 94806

definately lbr

definately lbr

i've taken my car to lbr for paint and mechanical work. very happy with the results. good price too

like tm said, its right over the bridge, shouldnt take you more than 30 mins or so with no traffic.

hey i talked to you about replacing those parts...i also work at LBR that they are speaking of and could probably help you out and get those parts to you. robs voicemail is full and his phone is being lame but hit me up and we'll figure something out

Hey guys, I'm new to the bay area (drove down from Toronto a few weeks ago) and my SVT is starting to act up. Idles rough, and just this morning shut off randomly in stop-and-go traffic. It just started after I cleaned and re-oiled my air filter. Maybe I over-oiled it; I heard that could screw up the MAF sensor? Anyways, was looking for a mechanic in the area that knows SVTs, and judging from your car domain page, Brendan, you know quite a bit. :) I'd love to bring it in and have you guys look at it. What are your hours? Do you work weekends?

where r u located? i dont think brenden checks this site very often since he no longer has is car. better to call him/them (the shop)

Hey guys, I'm new to the bay area (drove down from Toronto a few weeks ago) and my SVT is starting to act up. Idles rough, and just this morning shut off randomly in stop-and-go traffic. It just started after I cleaned and re-oiled my air filter. Maybe I over-oiled it; I heard that could screw up the MAF sensor? Anyways, was looking for a mechanic in the area that knows SVTs, and judging from your car domain page, Brendan, you know quite a bit. :) I'd love to bring it in and have you guys look at it. What are your hours? Do you work weekends?

I'd start by looking at the TBP and MAF sensors, coil pack, plugs and wires. they could have something to do with your problems.

Well, I should've popped the hood before posting on here...I just hadn't put the hose clamp on the filter tightly enough, so it had gotten disconnected from the intake. So I just put it back on and tightened it up, and everything's running smoothly again. I think I'll probably still head over to the shop to get an alignment though...I think that's a bit off.

Thanks for the replies. :cool:

I have a good Mechanic that is about to open his shop. He is still with Mercedes on Stevens Creek but about to split and go solo. He's done alot of flawless work on my SVT in the past. Recently just finished some transmission work (Shift forks, clutch, flywheel, New TOB, etc.) for me. He also works on alot of high end cars.

Back