• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fed up with Team Ford!

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
Ok, on November 12th, I made an order for 4 cans of Midnight Blue interior paint, and a 95-97 Mystique front license plate bracket.

13th, I got an email from "Bill", saying that the paint is not available in Ford system anymore and they will have to try and track it down from other dealers. There will be a price increase because of dealer mark up. I replied that same afternoon and said it was ok to go ahead and find the paint. I never got a response back from them.

I sent another email on 19th asking if they ever received my first email and what the status on the order was. Again, no response.

On the 22nd, I IMed Bill on AIM (teamfordparts) asking about the order status and what ever happened with finding the paint. He said "brb, on the phone". I waited for about 1 hour and he never IMed me back. Finally, I said, "u there?", he said "yeah". :rolleyes: So again, I asked about the order. He said he would check. He came back and said that it was Bill Reed that sent me the email and told me to call him directly at his #. I had no time to call that day, 23rd was Thanksgiving, so I called Friday 24th. It went to Bill Reeds voicemail and I left a message again asking the status on the order.

No call back that day. Weekend came so obviously not expecting anything then. I figured I would wait Monday and Tuesday for a call back. Today came and still no call. I called Team Ford this afternoon, got Bill Jenkins voicemail because it said he was on the phone at that time. I left a message again asking about the order status, saying I have sent emails, and left a message already, and no one has gotten back to me.

Well no one has called me back. :mad:

Dang, that's not good... it sounds like they've outgrown their infrastructure, or they've grown so big that the ordinary customer (e.g. non-dealer) becomes small fry.

I haven't forgotten about the license plate frame and ashtray that I'm still holding onto... just too freakin' busy (not a good sign when it's only 5 months into the academic year and you want the year to end). I also stumbled across the original hood prop and the hood weatherstripping... do you want those too? I had removed the hood weatherstripping since someone on CEG mentioned that it helps lower underhood temps.

Did you ever figure out what was the deal with the slow brake-fluid leak?

<END shameless thread hi-jack> :)

You have to be persistent. There are a heck of alot of people trying to reach Bill everyday. Everytime I call it goes to his voicemail at least once. He is a busy man. What I have dont to remedy this problem is to call first thing in the morning, 8am or 8:30am I forget what time he gets there. Also when you get the main voicemail saying "Thank you for calling Team Ford" hit 0 and itll take you to the operator ask her to page Bill Jenkins for you and itll work.
HTH

I haven't forgotten about the license plate frame and ashtray that I'm still holding onto... just too freakin' busy (not a good sign when it's only 5 months into the academic year and you want the year to end). I also stumbled across the original hood prop and the hood weatherstripping... do you want those too? I had removed the hood weatherstripping since someone on CEG mentioned that it helps lower underhood temps.

Did you ever figure out what was the deal with the slow brake-fluid leak?

<END shameless thread hi-jack> :)

[hijack my own thread]

Don't worry about it. Whenever you get some time. I didn't even notice that the prop rod was missing. I thought it was still on the car. Same with the weatherstripping. If you have it and feel like sending it, that's fine with me.

Well I put the SVT wheels on the car and when I had the rear wheels off, there was alot of rust back there. The brakes are rotted out pretty bad on both sides, just the drivers side leaks though. We just keep topping the fluid off in the meantime.

I'm going to be doing a rear disc conversion on it since I have the parts available on my parts car. So I just need new pads, rotors, and e-brake cables and it will be like new again.

[/hijack end]

Just hope he sends you the right thing. Nothing like ordering SE sideskirts and getting SVT ones, when the SE ones were more expensive!:blackeye: I didn't even have an SVT at the time, good thing I wanted to get one and finally did :laugh: Good luck with Bill, he's a nice guy, but I don't order from him unless I absolutely have to now.

Yeah, my last 2 orders from him got messed up a bit. I ordered sway bar end links all around for the GL and he sent me 2 rears and 1 front. Then I needed an O2 for the GL and it was for a V6. Since I already had the old one out at the time I went down to Robbins auto and got one. Funny thing is the Motorcraft units are made in Zimbabwe (or something) and the Robbins one was made in USA!! I'll be getting those in the future whenever I need an O2. They will probably last twice as long! Anyway, Bill is a nice guy and fixed the problem both times, but I've been hearing that a lot of orders are messed up. It got me thinking, isn't there other places we can go that give the same discounts? Didn't Sentry South Lincoln still give Bill's discount after he left?

Why not check Steve at Tousley's Ford? He surely is busy too but much more reachable. The price is even better than Team Ford's. And shipping is very fast too.

One thing Team Ford's doing well is to give you the part # when generating the quote. Steve does not automatically do so unless you ask. But when I received the order (some 15 parts) I compared each item with Team Ford's quote. They are the same.

So now I only call Steve when I need parts. His phone # can be found on the Sticky in mod section.

HTH

never had a problem with bill, and my most recent order was a few months ago. sounds more just the holiday screwing around with things. i would suggest you keep calling and forget about email and aim

I had 2 different problems with him, once for my contour waited 3 weeks and never got my stuff, the last time was some parts for my explorer. I have since used tousley ford many times now for myself and some parts for my inlaws and have no issues so far. I didn't post my problems with team ford because I didn't want people jumping all over me for bad talking bill, which I'm still not, just don't know what happened to the service :shrug: .

Well, I got home from work tonight and found a message on the answering machine, which I never use cause it's the home phone.

Bill Jenkins wanted me to call him back about a headlight I returned a few weeks ago under warranty because it was leaking water. He sent me the new one and I shipped back the old one.

Not once in the message was my current order mentioned about how I've been trying to reach them for weeks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I sent an e-mail to Steve Tousley more than a month ago about parts and never got a responce :rolleyes:. World's goin to sh*t I tell ya :laugh:

I quit ordering from him. Screwed up too many times and didn't make it up to me. Wouldn't respond to my phone call as to why he did what he did.

Wow, I didn't realize the problems were this big. I wish there was a place locally where we could get those discounts though.

Aight. I'll prolly use them from now on. I started to when I first got my car then switched over to Bill.

There is certain things where Bill comes in with the best price but for the most part fordpartsonline is the exact same pricing.

yeah but doesn't ford parts online have a shipping and handling fee on ever order?

I know on my last order I got two trunk poper spring but I was only sent one, I did get the other one sent next day but on my last order I wanted 2nd day shipping but it was sent ground for some reason :shrug: I mean it did come in a tube that was about 5 ft long but come on ....

Back