• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lookin for a hand.

4banganda5spd

CEG'er
well the old tour's zetec is severely tired, the valve train is fallin apart after 170+ k aggressive miles. got some burned up valves and instead of rebuilding the head, i was lookin to find a low mileage long block i can drop in her.

i'll check the classifieds too, just wanted to put it out here too if you guys can throw some info my way.

shes a 96 mtx, no vct.

i would appreciate any help greatly as my 89, and 02 mustangs use up some cash and other financial issues are rearing their ugly heads.

lookin to get out from under the 02's payments if anyone is interested.

thanks guys.

thankyou guys.

Man, I would love to help you with dropping a motor in that car, but alas... I live quite a distance away. Only :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty part is pulling the motor out the top when you have a rod shifter, because the whole shift tower has to come out (or at least, thats what I am told is the easiest way).

Zetec Swap = EASYYYYYY

you just disconnect the shift rod at the trans and pull it out. not hard, unless its like mine and the damn thing is welded together from rust.

car-parts.com

you can find motors locally. LKQ always is the way to go to, I dont know if they have any branches near you though.

Back