• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Go Sox!

hetfield

or hetfeild
With our beloved Brew Crew eliminated (I'm just happy they made it to the playoffs) Sarah and I are now rooting for our second-favorite team. I really hope they can win with Manny gone and get that monkey completely off their back.

Also, for further proof that our cities are joined at the hip, Sarah went to the Brewer game on Saturday and said there were people there with both Brewers and Sox gear on :)

Meh. Two teams I don't care about. Tampa vs Philly is where it would be at....even though no one would watch

Even if you don't care about the teams, think about the rivalry in it -

Manny, Derek Lowe, and Nomar Garciaparra are on the Dodgers, skippered by Joe Torre against the Boston Red Sox. Huge drama, potential for a great series... it'd be a blast to watch.

For me, it's one thing if the scores are close, but the severe spread these past couple games is just beyond pathetic. :nonono:

Looks like the New York Red Socks are about to go down. :laugh: Go Garza!!! (He was traded from the Twins earlier this year)

I is sick
barf.gif

The Red Sox? Who are they? :rolleyes:

Freaking patheticccc

Do you have amnesia or what?:confused:

Kck on wood, I think they'll be fine. Tery saud they couldn't wait to play in his press conference last night. We'll see what happens. I'm not complaining, I'm just quietly agonizing as I wait for the outcome:laugh:

It would be nice if the Sox could win tonight.

The Cubs were the real disappointment this season. All the way to the playoffs and then swept. They folded like a bad poker hand. At least we don't have a 100 year drought.

It would be nice if the Sox could win tonight.

The Cubs were the real disappointment this season. All the way to the playoffs and then swept. They folded like a bad poker hand. At least we don't have a 100 year drout.
17 year drought here. :nonono:

17 year drought here. :nonono:

Yes, that's a while, but you'll get no sympathy from Boston or Chicago fans, as that just a drop in the bucket in those cities. Even the Tigers, who last won in 1984 under Sparky Anderson, have a longer drought than that.

Yes, that's a while, but you'll get no sympathy from Boston or Chicago fans, as that just a drop in the bucket in those cities. Even the Tigers, who last won in 1984 under Sparky Anderson, have a longer drought than that.

Boston can't say a freakin' thing. They had the Celtics to make up for any baseball misery....can't forget the Patriots....and some college basketball championships....Bruins won the Cup in 1928–29, 1938–39, 1940–41, 1969–70, 1971–72

Detroit has the Redwings as well.....championships in
1935–36, 1936–37, 1942–43, 1949–50, 1951–52, 1953–54, 1954–55, 1996–97, 1997–98, 2001–02, 2007–08.

Boo-Hoo-Hoo. :laugh:

MN has......two world series titles....that is it. 4 Superbowls losses, another World Series loss, have your Hockey team leave and win the Stanley Cup a year or two later....and lose a stanley cup series when they were here. Lost the Lakers to LA in 1960 as well. Other things we have lost at the peak of their primes. Randy Moss, Johan Santana, Kevin Garnett, David Ortiz (got 0 in return for that one). Yup, good to be a sports fan in MN

Boston can't say a freakin' thing. They had the Celtics to make up for any baseball misery....can't forget the Patriots....and some college basketball championships....Bruins won the Cup in 1928–29, 1938–39, 1940–41, 1969–70, 1971–72

Detroit has the Redwings as well.....championships in
1935–36, 1936–37, 1942–43, 1949–50, 1951–52, 1953–54, 1954–55, 1996–97, 1997–98, 2001–02, 2007–08.

Boo-Hoo-Hoo. :laugh:

MN has......two world series titles....that is it. 4 Superbowls losses, another World Series loss, have your Hockey team leave and win the Stanley Cup a year or two later....and lose a stanley cup series when they were here. Lost the Lakers to LA in 1960 as well. Other things we have lost at the peak of their primes. Randy Moss, Johan Santana, Kevin Garnett, David Ortiz (got 0 in return for that one). Yup, good to be a sports fan in MN

That's a piss poor argument. We're only talking about MLB here. Leave the other sports out of it, ya crybaby. :p
Not every Boston MLB fan is a fan of ALL Boston sports.
I could give a :censored::censored::censored::censored: about basketball.

That's a piss poor argument. We're only talking about MLB here. Leave the other sports out of it, ya crybaby. :p
Not every Boston MLB fan is a fan of ALL Boston sports.
I could give a :censored::censored::censored::censored: about basketball.

How about 2 World Series titles in the last five years for you then? :laugh:

Back