• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Mazda 6 headers SS

Websitepics004.jpg

wow, those things look s3x.

you could easily turn them into True Duals also :cool:

how are you going to get around the whole msds thing? don't want you to get the same outcome as WR got.

how are you going to get around the whole msds thing? don't want you to get the same outcome as WR got.

At first, that's what I first thought. But after looking at them a bit more, at the very least, one whole header is different and the y-pipe is a different design all together.

I'd say he's in the clear, but what do I know :shrug:

well those are the mazda6 headers,so while similar to the tour,they're slighty different to clear

there are only few ways to build a three collector headers the routing of the tubes are somewhat alike because we have to clear the oil filter, the axle the alternator etc. I sent him some factory manifolds to copy the EGR locations, If you look at the cast manifolds they share the same shape for fitments issue we did not copy the MSDS we used our own angles plus we took a different approach by making the headers all the same for all model clearing the alternators. We also use different style collectors plus I discussed this with Marty as long as we are 30% different in the design we are fine. I will still sell MSDS this line is for the SS since he only can provide me with MS. At first we were going to just copy the headers and pay some royalties but after discussing the matter more we agreed to 30% difference unlike WP which were completely copied. Trust me I sell over 15 sets headers a month for MSDS I will still be cranking out MSDS headers at a much lower price these header will be upper $375 area or more because we are using the best materials (expensive and tigged) to soothe the big time racers guys. Plus I need the headers for the turbo kit since we went to SS piping now.

Back