• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Modding

Yeah the SE,.....:shrug:

I miss the Zetec a heck of a lot more.
Lot more memories and good times....

Last edited:
hey wannabe. u want to place ur zetec in godly status? talk to this guy. its gonna cost u tho.
HPIM3266.jpg

I love my car:cool:

What was so fun about it? Did you notice the handling was a bit better, or were the options lists pretty much the same?

Couldn't tell you, about two days after I bought the Duratec I swapped the Eibachs, ST200 struts and rims onto the Duratec.:shrug:

3L was way more fun to drive, but I had the Zetec so long I actually had to become friends with Hector and travel the country with him and his Zetec...:laugh:

For me, it's all about the memories. The Zetec has been to more meets in more different states than any other car I've owned. But to be honest if I were to buy another Tour, it would be a Duratec just so I can make it quick, the Zetec had some show, but not much go...

I also added more pics of the Duratec on Chicago CEG.com's gallery.....

Last edited:
Couldn't tell you, about two days after I bought the Duratec I swapped the Eibachs, ST200 struts and rims onto the Duratec.:shrug:

3L was way more fun to drive, but I had the Zetec so long I actually had to become friends with Hector and travel the country with him and his Zetec...:laugh:

For me, it's all about the memories. The Zetec has been to more meets in more different states than any other car I've owned. But to be honest if I were to buy another Tour, it would be a Duratec just so I can make it quick, the Zetec had some show, but not much go...

I also added more pics of the Duratec on Chicago CEG.com's gallery.....
Great times man!:cool:

It's happening

It's happening

That's it, I can't resist it. I'm going to continue saving up...

I will wait until I am totally financially ready (atleast 5K saved specifically for this purpose) and I will be turboing. I know it's a Contour Zetec, and I know ButtonPuncher has a built tranny and SC'd Zetec for sale, and I know it will take a long time, but I'm going to go turbo. Hell, it may not be for another 2 to 4 years, but this project would just be way too cool and unique to pass up. The Zetec block is tough as nails, and a bottom end won't be that hard to piece together. Plus, Striker2, Loco4G63, and a few other have said it. If a Contique is going to hit 12s, it will be a Zetec; it's just a better torque curve to bite.

I can't wait:cool:

Again, thank you Brian, Hector, Daniel, Ian, and all others who have given me such great advice. I really do appreciate it.

And then what happens when you hit a deer with it or something? :rolleyes:
I don't know.:laugh:
:nonono:
Good luck but I hope you'll make a better decision by that time.
-J
How is this different than modding any other car? Your Mustnag is drop dead gorgeous, and as close to perfect as it comes, but it must have been more expensive than this! Not arguing, I just want to know the logic. In my opinion, many would say "Just get a Honda!" I have 2 problems with that.
1. I will never buy a Honda
2. At least this is unique:shrug:

re-read my original advice
My car, your car is not a good analogy. My Mustang will retain its value, likely go up. Can't say even close to same for your car. It would be like pissing all that money away, $5000 into a $1000 car with no resale/collectible value.
You seem like a smart kid with the right intentions so I'm just trying to give you reasonable advice. Again, reread what I originally wrote.
-J

I feel horrible because it probably seems like I'm throwing all of this advice away... Well, I AM NOT. Trust me when I tell you, I am not.

Here's what the plan would now be...
-Since the car is already worth peanuts, it won't be a DD, and I won't expect/want to sell it
-My college grad. present (as it were for my sister...) will be a car, which fills in the DD spot.
-This will end up being a wierd-ass project on the side, kind of like a Turbo SHO, just alot weirder:laugh:

That's cool then, I hope it works out.
I always like that quote " I spent my money on cars, booze and women, the rest I just wasted" . :)
haha
unsubscribing to this thread
-J

That's it, I can't resist it. I'm going to continue saving up...

I will wait until I am totally financially ready (atleast 5K saved specifically for this purpose) and I will be turboing. I know it's a Contour Zetec, and I know ButtonPuncher has a built tranny and SC'd Zetec for sale, and I know it will take a long time, but I'm going to go turbo. Hell, it may not be for another 2 to 4 years, but this project would just be way too cool and unique to pass up. The Zetec block is tough as nails, and a bottom end won't be that hard to piece together. Plus, Striker2, Loco4G63, and a few other have said it. If a Contique is going to hit 12s, it will be a Zetec; it's just a better torque curve to bite.

I can't wait:cool:

Again, thank you Brian, Hector, Daniel, Ian, and all others who have given me such great advice. I really do appreciate it.

arghh, I am late to the party and just read this entire thread. this will be a huge mistake. i will agree with everything bimini said. Listen, I fully understand the sentimental aspect. I went through the same thing with my first vehicle (88 Bronco). I saved a bunch of money and planned to rebuild the engine and this and that. I made the right decision and didn't spend any money on it. I went out and bought my mustang. Let me tell you, that was a better move. The bronco became a reliable winter/ dd. I never thought twice about the decision, actually, i remember looking back and saying "boy am i glad i didnt waste money on that truck". Save your money, buy something else. You spend too much time on here if you think you dont want an svt because everyone else already does it and you want to be different. Trust me, in the automotive world, and svt contour is the daring to be different vehicle. I have a 3L svt, and have bought and sold 4 other svt's, and I am even questioning what i am doing. Have you driven a 3L Svt, or even a stock SVT? Before you spend any money, drive one. You will then not spend any money on that car again. If you haven't, come to my house and drive mine- i am serious, come anytime. I made the mistake with the amount of money i wasted on my mustang and i want you to understand that it will be a mistake. and the mustang wont be as much of a mistake as the zetec will be, because As bimini said, the value in a mustang is much better. If you spend all this money on this car, make what, 150 hp at the most, and you blow it up, where does that leave you? I blew the engine in the mustang when it made 400+ hp, and sold it for $5500 with the broken engine, you wont be getting any money back on that zetec if it blows

OMG, this whole decision-making thing SUCKS! I have been in a turbo 3L, and a modded 2.5 (Brapple and 99 MystiqueATX, respectively), but never driven one.

Ugh. I've got to sleep on it. I feel so stupid with what you guys are saying.:laugh:

you are an hour from me. come take mine for a ride. you can even take my stock svt for a ride.

OMG, this whole decision-making thing SUCKS! I have been in a turbo 3L, and a modded 2.5 (Brapple and 99 MystiqueATX, respectively), but never driven one.

Ugh. I've got to sleep on it. I feel so stupid with what you guys are saying.:laugh:

Back