• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can't Decide, Install it or not (Some Engine Bay Bling)

Can't Decide, Install it or not (Some Engine Bay Bling)

• Yes, install it.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • No, don't install it.

Votes: 41 85.4%

• Total voters
I change my vote, now I don't like it with either pieces. Maybe if you had the UIM PC'd red, and there was color showing through from below, then I would be a different story. I still like the Mondeo with it though.

Well, as of last night, both pieces (coil shield, intake manifold cover) were removed and put back in their protective plastic. :crazy:

I think the whole engine bay looks horrible and you should take everything and send it to me right away includeing the turbo kit and I will depose of everything:laugh:

I think the way it is now with out the coil/uim covers off it looks great!

I think the whole engine bay looks horrible and you should take everything and send it to me right away includeing the turbo kit and I will depose of everything:laugh:

I think the way it is now with out the coil/uim covers off it looks great!

I believe that it is a supercharger. :troutslap:

Agreed. A red UIM with that cover would look nice too.

You mean like this?

16801_6928.jpg

You mean like this?

16801_6928.jpg

Personally, I really don't care for the intake cover unless it's on a show car. And I don't consider your beautiful SVT to be a "show car" cause it's not junked up with useless crap. It's closer to perfection than I'll ever be. But for comparison, what about this? I'm not looking for compliments, it's just another way to do it. BTW, did your S/S parts come from wootty in Great Britain?

100_0132.jpg

Personally, I really don't care for the intake cover unless it's on a show car. And I don't consider your beautiful SVT to be a "show car" cause it's not junked up with useless crap. It's closer to perfection than I'll ever be. But for comparison, what about this? I'm not looking for compliments, it's just another way to do it. BTW, did your S/S parts come from wootty in Great Britain?

100_0132.jpg

Your engine bay looks great, especially the intake manifold. :laugh:

I did get my parts from wooty. I'm still trying to get the strut tower covers and maybe the brake servo trim too.

Thanks for showing your picture.

Chris, I personally think part of the problem is the quality of the pics you are posting. The SS looks like ass on there. Take it outside (it's supposed to be nice out) and get a clearer pic. I also agree that a SAMCO hose kit would make a big difference.

Also, I strongly advise against polishing the UIM....chrome dip maybe, but polished....NO. Unless you want that UIM to still be able to fry an egg after 2 hours of driving and 3 hours of sitting.

Back