• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Mufflers

SVTPHAT

CEG'er
I got a couple Brand New Magnaflow Mufflers off Ebay for only $110 and the MSRP on them is about $5 more than that " A Piece". But anyways, Ive been reading up on a couple peoples post about just adding new mufflers to their exhaust untill they can get some real cat-back and some take out the Resonator. I would like to do the same if it's worth it, but I'm afraid of the Rasp that some say they are getting from taking it out. Do you think this will happen to me? Or is it just one of those things you just gotta wait and see after the muffler swap?

The rasp that most people talk about is mostly with those removing the resonator and putting in straight pipe in its place. Now if you were to remove the resonator and replace it with a muffler, you shouldn't experience any rasp.

I have two magnaflow mufflers with a removed resonator just like you plan to do. My exhaust sounds awesome and I love it. If you can't afford a catback and your just looking for a nice aggressive sound, then this is defenitly the way to go. I only get rasp if I get on the gas about 4,000 rpms when the engine is warming up. So to avoid the rasp noise, I drive nice and easy until my car is warmed up like your supposed to do! From then on my car sounds very nice!

Go for it... remove the res.

Reebs

lol, that made me smile a bit :) seeing that all my friends drive rice with fart cans and i'm the only one with a domestic and magnaflows. lol

Back