• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

getting ready for the 3.0L

sensei

New CEG'er
well i am getting an 04 3.0L ready to do the swap, i havent been able to find anyone to get a set of svt cams for it!! If i just did the full 3.0L and add the svt cams and timming parts later, will that be hard????

i have my svt cams in my old( blown motor) but its a 99 3.0L and i had to cut the waterpump ext. so i cant use them, in the 99 motor! ( stupid move and cost me 5grand that lasted 92 miles) :confused:

what do you guys think the best route is???
Thanks for the help guys

jay

I would wait to get the cams to save yourself a PITA install later on. They do come up in the classifieds and up on ebay from time to time. I'd suggest keeping an eye out.

lol thanks, i was thinking that might be the best way.

yea i am looking on the net every 15mins. like a kid waiting for santa:crazy:

thanks for the help
jay

I live in Rancho Cucamonga ca. (south cali) cars in Fontana!!
Been sitting for like 2 yrs =(

thanks i got cams comming now.
I called the guy about my motor and he sold it. what a chump. I had a deposit on it too.
looks like i am looking for a motor too.
well thanks for the help guys
jay

Yea ,i Was Looing And Thiking About Them. Till I Saw That They Wanted 3grand For A Used Motor. Lol
Wowo Well Have To See What Happens.

It's not just a used motor, it's a low mileage (< than 30k) motor with a warranty, ready to drop in your car. Basically all the swap work has been done for you.

And the 3K price is INSTALLED in your car. The motors ready for you to drop in are $2k shipped with your core parts sent back. What's the price of a NEW 3L motor without the swap stuff done to it?

Add it up, not such a bad deal.

Dan

they wont give me a core back. because i need a 01+ motor and have a 99, its not the same one. Either way its a good deal though.
well see
thanks

they wont give me a core back. because i need a 01+ motor and have a 99, its not the same one. Either way its a good deal though.
well see
thanks

Who won't give your core back? Core charges are given back on any '99+ 2.5L motor parts..

Dan

YEA i am going to do it this way. Plus the person doing the work wont have to mjuch to do! less cost on labor more on motor.
thanks jay

Back