• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Polarizing Filters for Cameras

g r y m e s

CEG'er
I was curious to know if anyone here is using a circular polarizing filter on their SLR. I have been researching them and considering buying one. Do you carry one in your camera bag? Quite a few people say they won't leave home without it. It seems like a great tool and when you can adjust the level of polarization and how much reflection you get as a result, it sounds amazing. Here is an example if what it can do.

Polarizer.jpg

ive been using one. i didnt notice a huge difference with it, not like those pics :eek:

what kind of camera are you using?

Those photos were done be someone else. The angle of the sun (with taking outdoor daytime photos) matters quite a bit from what I have been reading.

Mike!, show us some of your work while using a filter.

i dont have side by side comparisons but here are a couple...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

you can see through the side glass in this shot. no glare.
i will get some shots like the ones you posted side by side so you can see what the circular polarizer does. you really do need one.

I always find it hard taking quality pics at night with my HID's disinctly
showing their color, maybe a filter like this will take care of it?

Canon is running a special rebate right now. Look into it! I don't have the links or info right now but a simple google search should bring up some stuff.

Steeda's Mom!! [faints at daboo's explicit booby picture] :laugh:

Welcome to Bannination, Daboo! And Mikey, I just want your car.

My wife is a photographer, and she swears by hers, but I don't know the brand of polarizer she uses. It makes quite a big difference in wedding pics, esp. if there are candles burning in the background.

Back