• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what do you think?

Smalls

Addicted CEG'er
i had a dream the other night that i did this. so i went to the junkyard and picked this up. im eventually going to paint the plastic flat black so it doesnt shine and is far less noticeable. what do you guys think?
IMG_0050.jpg

so that emblem is "floating" with a clear plastic background? i like it, from the pic you cant even tell there is something there, throw it on and see how it looks, i like it so far though!

I don't think I understand what you are doing.

Just the oval ring, painted black, with nothing in the center?

nooooo. i melted plastic which attached to the top of the ring and it curves back and down then attaches to the emblem. the plastic should be virtually invisible when im done

yes, before you flame me about the hood, there should be a new one soon. this is also the debut for my hightowers

IMG_0051.jpg

i would def. like it if you could clean up behind it, like some how block out the brace and stuff...but then you are limiting the air to the radiator, i dont know, its got potential in my eyes though, i like the headlights though

i would def. like it if you could clean up behind it, like some how block out the brace and stuff...but then you are limiting the air to the radiator, i dont know, its got potential in my eyes though, i like the headlights though

I like the idea... but it cant well be carried out on the contour, you can see too much of the mounting plate for the headlights and grille and such. Cool Idea, just not one for the contour.

Nice headlights!!! :drool:

Oh, and the grille idea is very creative.

lol, thanks and thanks. i dunno if i like it, it definately needs more work to look right. maybe some kind of mesh in the way back to block out everything. we'll see what happens. i'll keep you all posted

The emblem is currently being held on by 2 L brackets that are mounted to the headlamp panel directly behind where the emblem mounts. I am working on a more permanent (less ghetto) mount for the emblem for the future.

Back