• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my friend's wrecked contour pics!

The hood is still good. Looks like a cramped interior.
Im still waiting to find out how this happened. Maybe a slllloooowww moootion accident?

I'm guessing it flipped and hit something like the edge of a jersey barrier and crunched it in from the bottom side? That is NUTS!:shocked:

definitely looks like it landed on something...hit a large curb, tore the cradle back toward the firewall, pulling the front down w/ it?

was he trying to do any cool jumps?

But the suspension was tuned by Lotus!

I have long been a fan of the 1981-1989 Impulse.

84isuzuimpulse.jpg

And yes, the suspension was tuned by Lotus. Better that than the fuses.

I have long been a fan of the 1981-1989 Impulse.

84isuzuimpulse.jpg

And yes, the suspension was tuned by Lotus. Better that than the fuses.
I have had three of these. 2 1986s, one turboed and one n/a and an 89 with turbo. Only the last two years or so had the Lotus suspension. The 89 had the best seats of any car I have owned. Amoung other thins, the side bolsters were adjustable as well as the very front of the seat bottom.

I have had three of these. 2 1986s, one turboed and one n/a and an 89 with turbo. Only the last two years or so had the Lotus suspension. The 89 had the best seats of any car I have owned. Amoung other thins, the side bolsters were adjustable as well as the very front of the seat bottom.

Very cool. I bet they're a great deal of fun, especially the turbos. Of course, you're exactly right -- as I understand it, only 1988 and 1989 had the Lotus tuned suspension. :cool:

It honestly was one of the nicest small cars I ever sat in and drove. But it was also the least reliable car I've ever known so that counted against it.

^No kidding! Way to leave all of us hanging. ;)

The guy with the crutches, is that the owner of the Contour? If so, how's he doing?

So... is it totaled?

:)

I hope that the guy in the crutches was indeed the driver and the only person in the car. From the looks of things, it could have done him much worse for him.

Back