• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Air Conditioning and Heating Control

inno87

CEG'er
OK ... so im looking this up and id like to know, on my panel you have the 4 settings for how fast you want the air blowing. High is the only one that works and no other selection blows air. its cold A/C and hot heat. What could it be that i dont have a choice other than high?

The car is my Black 1998 Mercury Mystique 4Cyl zectec engine with 95k miles.

ok so High setting didnt even work. Maybe when it was on high i blew a fuse? anyway, i installed it, i have that little torx screw in it ... pain, but the wiring harness connector that pkugs into the resistor assembly was melted and it still wont work. if anyone has a 98+ connector they dont need sitting in a junk contour/mystique or lying around leme know. or ill search the junk yards here.

AND .... where the hell is the fusebox in the car? it says behind the glove box theres a lever? feels like some hidden stuff, couldnt find it. any pics or sumthing? where is it?

ok so High setting didnt even work. Maybe when it was on high i blew a fuse? anyway, i installed it, i have that little torx screw in it ... pain, but the wiring harness connector that pkugs into the resistor assembly was melted and it still wont work. if anyone has a 98+ connector they dont need sitting in a junk contour/mystique or lying around leme know. or ill search the junk yards here.

AND .... where the hell is the fusebox in the car? it says behind the glove box theres a lever? feels like some hidden stuff, couldnt find it. any pics or sumthing? where is it?
If all the settings are not working, it could be
1) the fuse
2) the blower control switch. The one with the low, medium(s) and high.
3) the blower motor itself.

As for the fusebox, some years have a semicircular knob instead of a lever. If it is a semicircular knob, you push on the knob and the fuse will swing down.

does anyone have the wiring harness that plugs into the blower resistor? i wanna splice a newer one in, since mines kinda melted. i need it for my 1998 mystique. it needs to have a decent amount of the wiring still attached to the plug.

Back