• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

saw my first challenger srt-8 thurs.

If you're going 3l turbo against a stock, non-modified car, sure. That's how it'll end. I guess I'm just a purist when it comes to racing, that I don't agree with it being legit unless both cars have gone from a complete stop, track or not.

Does he deserve to be embarrassed? Sure, of course. You never assume you can take someone unless you've got the real numbers to back it up.

You know, it's funny... I had more people challenge me when I drove the SVT. Now, I get nods of appreciation and admiration in the '07 GT. :)

oh yeah, the gt's a better looking car than a tour. u've gatta be blind not to see that. besides, dont forget this very crucial point, that a modified svt brings it to just about par with modern cars with hp and technology. so i'd definitely say a 340 crank hp tour is very close to a car with 300crank ponies and technology. or am i really off on that one? oh, yeah, thanx brian for the support.

I get nods from people ranging from purists driving real cars (got a reciprocal compliment from a guy driving a pristine '68 Camaro a few weeks ago), to younger guys with modded legit muscle cars (a kid in Wakefield is running what looks like an original Challenger w/ a new motor), to other Mustang owners of all generations.

Outside of this board and the "Fast and the Furious" crowds, the Mustang is a very well respected and admired car.

LOL! i wasnt gonna say anything about that. but where do u live that u get nods and admiration driving a stock mustang? jk.;) i like the stangs too. i just happen to prefer the challenger. i dunno. maybe when the next generation one comes out in, what is it 2010?, i might be on board.

I get nods from people ranging from purists driving real cars (got a reciprocal compliment from a guy driving a pristine '68 Camaro a few weeks ago), to younger guys with modded legit muscle cars (a kid in Wakefield is running what looks like an original Challenger w/ a new motor), to other Mustang owners of all generations.

Outside of this board and the "Fast and the Furious" crowds, the Mustang is a very well respected and admired car.

blah.gif

And you are doing a very nice job at showing to be just another d-bag mustang owner. Nobody gives a fawq that people nod at your stock mustang. Actually noone gives a fawq about your stock mustang all together, its just another car driving down the road.

No problemo.

Back OT... has anyone actually HEARD one of these things yet? I've either been too far and/or had the windows up/radio on/conversation going in the car to hear them both times. I'd assume it sounds pretty damn good.

Back OT... has anyone actually HEARD one of these things yet? I've either been too far and/or had the windows up/radio on/conversation going in the car to hear them both times. I'd assume it sounds pretty damn good.

passed on on the road the other day, must have been coasting as I didn't heard anything ... but I wasn't paying very close attention either ....

dang. my mistake. didnt mean to cause a rift between u guys. i simply thought what bishop said about the nods thing was hilarious, thats all. anyway, i've heard the challenger. sounds quite nice.

I passed a 2009 R/T last night while leaving the SCCA event. It was the TorRed color with dual black stripes going partially down the front fender with R/T written at the end of them. :drool:

Back