• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

stock tire psi

zetec herman

CEG'er
I've searched and cannot find the answer. Checked the driver's door, the manual, and the site. I cannot seem to find the correct tire pressure for standard 14" tires. I've been running 35 in all 4.

I was thinking 32.

Thanks

However I put two bags of sand in the trunk (70 pounds on each side). Should more or less air be in tires with this weight?
I have 35 in now.

Last edited:
yeah for traction.

I've had a few too many close calls with skids in the winter. Almost hit a guardrail after the last skid i had without the weight.

A few in the middle of intersections.

Haven't had any problems with the weight, just without.

Last edited:
Or just keep a full gas tank :laugh: But, I've always thought weight in the trunk of a FWD would counterbalance wat needs to be in the front

Weight in the back won't help with traction (trying to get up a hill or something), but it will do good things if you have a habit of sliding your back end around corners.

In the end, you're better off loosing the weight and getting some snow tires for the back that have good lateral stability (many snow tires seem to lack this).

yeah for traction.

I've had a few too many close calls with skids in the winter. Almost hit a guardrail after the last skid i had without the weight.

A few in the middle of intersections.

Haven't had any problems with the weight, just without.

Um...

Your car is a front wheel drive. If you want added traction, you would need to take the bags of sand out of your trunk and somehow affix them to you hood.

Um...

Your car is a front wheel drive. If you want added traction, you would need to take the bags of sand out of your trunk and somehow affix them to you hood.

FWD cars understeer.. unless of course the handbrake is involved :laugh:

Back