• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

crunch while turning READ NOW!

well i just drove it up the flatbed and a little more around the lot, quicker clutch releases almost instantly induces it. i'm almost wondering if this is a diff issue. :(

well either way, it supposed to have 2 nuts. and im not having weird gaps or anything so im thinkin 2 is right, with just 1 nut the hollows shaft total force exerted is on that nut and the shaft could break. eff that chance!

major update on crunch

major update on crunch

well guys when you put the axle nut on the knuckle, aparently the axles pulls outta the dif just slightly, when you turn it pulls out just a little bit more creating the noise from hell. my new axle with 100 miles if even that is in 7 pieces. i have gotten the last 3 axles from dearborn rack and axle and i believe they use universal c-clips. so...time for a FORD C-CLIP! :):):) i will post results when i'm done. 6 months of hell from something so effin dumn!

i'll post up results once i find out more...

sorry to go off at a tangent..but you've touched on something i've been trying to get an answer to, for a while. I'm not happy with the weight of my steering. I remember reading in the 'SVT blurb' it saying, the steering has been changed to give more feel. Is this down to the rack or is the power steering pump different too ?..thanks G.

if you want more feel you may wanna take everything apart and grease up or replace the strut bearings. it will certainly make movement much smoother.

okay control arm replaced, it was bent...still didn't fix my problem although im sure it'll feel nice once it is fixed

undid my motor mounts and recentered everything...still not my problem.

c-clip is next

differential is tommorow...:(

trans got split today...am i the first to dessimate a torsen...if so i rule!

so now i have an open diff and a torsen for around the house decoration. i'll tell ya that blown open diff sure looks nice on my glass table for my denon reciever...lmao

trans got split today...am i the first to dessimate a torsen...if so i rule!

so now i have an open diff and a torsen for around the house decoration. i'll tell ya that blown open diff sure looks nice on my glass table for my denon reciever...lmao

Nah, your not the first, the guy who had svtsnobs old car blew his up iirc..

Back