• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

EGR vacuum

Knighter

CEG'er
Hey all, i'm curious about the amount of vacuum that should be coming out of the green tube connected to my egr. During idle, or increased idle there is no vacuum, well very very little vacuum, not enough to hold up a corner of a piece of kleenx (backyard test) Before i go replacing parts (which i'll probably end up doing) anyone have any suggestions? remember its a 95 with all the fun vacuum stuff on her. 2.5 5 speed.

cheers

Well it started with a my car running rich. Under full throttle i get black out of my tail pipe. I've had the majority of the vacuums replaced ( i know there are no vacuum leaks) plugs, wires, o2's, cleaned the maf, tb, and uim. and after speaking with a few guys i've learned that under full throttle a bad egr could sometimes lead to black smoke. That is what lead me to check the vacuum on the egr, or the lack of it. Before I go in and change the EGR or the Vacuum regulator I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. thanks

well I know when you apply vacuum to the valve it is suppose to make the engine stumble at idle ... I forget if it makes the valve open or close ... I would say if you apply vacuum to the egr valve at idle and it doesn't stumble you need to change the valve, if it does I would check out the dpfe sensor, chances are you have a metal one and it most likely failed, it controls the vacuum to the egr valve ...

Back