• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

cheeeese ballls

mystiquevltwin

Hard-core CEG'er
washed and waxed the merc one last time over thanksgiving break before the winter. took some photos as well....obviously

Picture119.jpg

Picture103.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Picture100.jpg

kinda ironic isnt it? lol
Picture121.jpg

Picture117.jpg

Dittooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What is the deal on this site? Why does everyone always criticize? Why is there only one acceptable way for a Contour-ique to look? Example: Drop, side skirts, SVT bumpers, painted grill surround, Knauberize (which you should do BTW... Kidding) etc. ?

Why can't anyone just say nice car, I like the . . . Why is it always, car looks good BUT (insert part of the formula here) ?

Can't we all just get along? Respect the CUSTOMIZATION (read: custom, unique, different) and labor that others do. It may not be what you would like to do, or would have done, but keep that to yourself.

Just MHO. Take it for what it is worth ($.01).

IMHO this Mystique looks good. I like the body color painted grill surround.

Last edited:
well its a contour and there is only so much that can be done ... and it has been done, the car does look great but what would put it over the top is a drop and some side skirts .... it isn't criticism ... its a suggestion, if he doesn't like that look then he doesn't have to do it

plus it is an accepted comment, like it has to be there ... so to mystiquevltwin if you took my comment as criticism then I am sorry, the car looks great but a drop and side skirts would put it over the top, clean and simple ftw

well its a contour and there is only so much that can be done ... and it has been done, the car does look great but what would put it over the top is a drop and some side skirts .... it isn't criticism ... its a suggestion, if he doesn't like that look then he doesn't have to do it

plus it is an accepted comment, like it has to be there ... so to mystiquevltwin if you took my comment as criticism then I am sorry, the car looks great but a drop and side skirts would put it over the top, clean and simple ftw

Sorry Brian, my comments weren't directed at you specifically, more just in general.

You are right that there is only so many things that can be done to a Contour-ique. I think that is why I question why this board has to believe that they must all look the same?

Sorry for the threadjack.

Sorry Brian, my comments weren't directed at you specifically, more just in general.

You are right that there is only so many things that can be done to a Contour-ique. I think that is why I question why this board has to believe that they must all look the same?

Sorry for the threadjack.

no harm, don't worry about it ...

I don't think that everyone feels they have to be the same, some people have gone their own way, so like and some do not ...

thanks a lot guys...and i do agree with you that i need a drop and side skirts, but $$ prevails....one day

i never really take those comments to heart (in a bad way as criticism) but rather just what they are....suggestions. that's one of the reasons we post our cars on here, to show off our cars and to see what other people think.

Back