• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ksport settingsq

ContourGuy9817

Hard-core CEG'er
well, they're here, and i'm pumped due to me not being able to drive this thing for 2 months cuz of koni/ ground control failure. wait till you see these pics. WOW, but after the amount of abuse subdued to them i can't say i blame them...

BUT, what have you guys got yours settings at? i'm fairly sure i wanna go full stiff like my konis, unless someone has anything to add to it? also, comfort is not a concern for me, i didn't build this car for a cadillacs ride ya know.

also, THEIR FREAKIN HOTT!!! now i just need to paint my 2 piece rotors and wilwood red and i'll be styling :)

and the sway bar mount is like a threaded collar with an allen head pinch bolt...FYI

i'm gonna add, i heard these are VERY stiff. but i'm curious, i couldn't go lower in the front due to my konis having too much movement causing rubbing under fun cornering at speed. are these so stiff that i can go lower and not have a worry because these are significantly stiffer? also. i really just wanna go an inch lower front and rear, the point of nearly tucking wheel. i feel that any lower would cause real negative handling characteristics and for certain abnornmal tire wear. this sound about right? or are these not used enough to get a real answer yet? if not then i will have answers :)

i wouldnt go any lower than the point that the LCAs are parallel with the ground or the handling will get worse (even though with the stiffer springs you may not notice the increased body roll). ideally, the LCAs should be pointed upwards (the pivot of the ball joints should be lower than the chassis mounting points)

yea, right on dude, but handling is no matter what gonna be increased greatly as my konis cannot get any worse. AHAHAHA!

plus i like slammed :)

So where did you get your kit from and does the box say "Ford Mondeo 97-00" or does it say Contour.

Plus take plenty of pictures so we can compare installs!

it actually says "mondeo"

i will not be able to provide pictures due to my suspension tech at my dealer doin the work cuz his price to me is worth stayin clean over. :)

i will say THANK YOU to bagged for helping me get OE top hats because my GCs are different and i totally forgot. you are the best man!

can somebody get me some measurments possibly? im wondering how long the front struts actually are. from the bottom of the strut housing to the top of the strut shaft fully extended.

i'll do it up tommorow, i will be installing these tommorow morning or midday, i walk into work today, the guy who said he was gonna do it for 180 is not even there, nobody else wants to do the work for cash money so tommorow is my day off and i am just gonna get it over with...and save money, god forbid. i'll post measurements, perhaps a pic or two, and wait till you guys see my prized blown front konis with half eaten ground controls. they're a hoot i promise!

ooh, could get you measurments of the Konis too? from the bottom to the top like the Ksports but also from the weld where the threaded collar sits to the top (or bottom)?

okay, but the bottom to the weld measurement is the only one that i figure will be accurate, my konis are bad! i can set my own strut length and it stays. :)

sorry i didnt get any measurements. but what i do have is that i cannot go lower than my konis and ground controls because if i do then their will be tire to suspension issues. i also have about 100 feet on this suspension so far and it feels very nice on 10, i may wanna go stiffer but the roads will tell. i just wish i can actually drive my car...but a new thread for that

Back