• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Taking it in the rear?

Ft.WorthSVT

CEG'er
So today me and the family went to a party and upon arrival, while I was trying to find a good parking spot, I wasnt paying attention and backed into this pole that just jumped out! LOL! It was totally my fault, wasnt paying attention. Just want to get input from yall, is this repairable or should I start shopping for another?
100_2544.jpg

100_2543.jpg

100_2542.jpg

100_2541.jpg

I am so upset with myself but :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: happens!

Can you repair something like that? Or would you have to take it somewhere? That dont look that bad shouldnt be to bad to repair take the bumper off and see what it looks like off the car, did it damage anything behind it?

I am going to take it off tommorow and take a look to see if it did any damage behind it. Does that look like it could be fixed? I know nothing about body work so any input would be greatly appreciated.

oh ok. it can be fixed. doesnt seem to be a biggie. the bodyshop will probably use some sorta fillers for the holes, and then paint it. fortunatly, the rear fascia wasnt affected. that definitely wouldve needed replacement.

Well, when I ran my GF's Jimmy into a mall (don't ask), it made WAY more damage than that. I was able to reform the bumper cover's shape with a heat gun and fill in the last little bit of indentation, repaint, and you would have never known the difference. GL with it Eric.

Thanks for all the input, just wanted to get an opinion from my CEG family. I was worried that I would have to try a find another one. What a PITA that would have been.. Oh...
everyone watch out for those damn poles that tend to jump out on those unsuspecting drivers!!!! LOL!

well,you can generally get a used svt rear for 250-300,shipping through someplace like greyhound won't run you more than 75-100. paint alone on a rear bumper the size of ours is going to run about 300,not to mention the cost to repair it. so unless you know someone who can get you a good deal on repait/repaint. it wouldnt hurt to look around a bit:shrug:

if u've got a MAACO where u live, go there. it won't be 300bucks. just make sure u know what level of paint job u're gonna be getting. they have different levels. its gonna be more expensive buying a used one and getting it shipped to ya.

I guess my main concern was just if it is repairable? I don't really want to look around for another rear bumper but wasnt sure if I should.

LOL! Yeah thats usaully what people say when they drive after drinking just a tad to much. I wasnt drinking when it happened though, just felt like a dumb ass! I drank afterwards though cause I was pissed at myself! It's all good though, it was only a bumper and no one got hurt.

sorry to see that happen man, been there done that it sucks... btw that doesn't look near as bad as my bumper so don't feel too bad.

Back