• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

S40 walking a 350z, haha

warmonger

Hard-core CEG'er
This is a Volvo S40 with turbo 5cylinder and all wheel drive.
I love how bad he walks this 350z and the other runs. His "chipped" power with exhaust is probably close to the 350z base power. this was a mod'd 350z so the the AWD launch probably made the difference.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ab3970f0-d8ca-47be-b8b6-7b192fd26297.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9c2ebe34-cb92-409b-a079-9865014522a2.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f7e5789a-7527-459d-80a5-98650141d1e1.htm

Just so you guys know, I have really enjoyed my S40. After a year and a half of ownership I can say that it has been a more than worthy replacement to the SVT.
Still extremely quiet, solid, good handling and awesome brakes. Power is real nice in stock form but not up to the EVO, STi levels of course. About like a SVT with a good 3.0L dropped in.
With exhaust and chip it is better.

High quality like BMW, Merc, and other luxo models but I would say a GREAT Value considering options and performance to the price.

For the power you get the fuel economy is excellent, I get 26mpg mixed city highway and in pure city driving it seems to vary from 21-24 mpg even with the AWD.

Mods are not cheap though but it is still relatively new model and stuff is coming out for it all the time.

If anyone is looking for a 2wd turbo model with a higher end image in the $22K-$28K range then take a look at it. If you want AWD plan on $28-$34 depending upon options. There are tons of options standard on it, I have auto up/down windows and sunroof, auto lights, climate control, the list goes on.

Right now no user tunable products. :(

However, I'll use stock boost settings with a more efficient turbo initially, then I'll hook up my wideband and push the boost up till the air fuel is no longer correct.....then I'll stop. At that point if I can make more boost then I'll look into getting a tune from a company using larger injectors and call it a day.

What's up with people, no one else interested in this video? :nonono:

All stuck on evos and wrx's I guess............

If anyone is looking for a 2wd turbo model with a higher end image in the $22K-$28K range then take a look at it. If you want AWD plan on $28-$34 depending upon options.

For the $22K-28K range, I will get a 06 Saab 9-2X. The same 2.5L engine like the STi, semi-luxo image from a Saab. The modding cost is modest because there is this huge aftermarket support for WRX.

Mine is a 05, with 2.0L engine. The low end torque was never enough. So far the mods I have are simply chip + exhaust (Cobb AP stage 2). The difference is amazing.

I was enjoying my newly swapped 3.0L on the CSVT for the last 2 months. Last week I took the 9-2X out for a spin and surprised myself. I haven't really driven any distance after the Stage 2 so my memory was for stock and stage 1. Stage 2 is really a different animal. Also, the cooler air temp helps too.

Oh, not to hijack your thread. The video is really cool!

Pretty awesome. Always liked the looks of the S40's but heard lots of stories about them feeling disconnected from the road. That one is FAST :cool:

I'll take a 350z over a WRX or Evo anyday, I can't stand the sound of either, even though performance doesn't lie. :laugh:

It's because WRX's are cooler silly...

It's a WRX....what else do I need to say? :shrug: You either love em or hate em I guess. I don't have a problem with the engine, just the looks. And build quality is about on par with Mazda/Mitsu products IMO. Not an issue by any means if you already like the car, but if all else were equal I'd take an Acura/Lex/Volvo/BMW, etc over the others.

See, now you got me on a tangent.... :mad:
lol
So go ahead and drive your WRX and chase an Evo. :cool:

I'll stick with my S40. Besides, I'm about to start on a project that should allow my S40 to be a WRX ass-kicker. :idea:

It's a WRX....what else do I need to say? :shrug: You either love em or hate em I guess. I don't have a problem with the engine, just the looks. And build quality is about on par with Mazda/Mitsu products IMO. Not an issue by any means if you already like the car, but if all else were equal I'd take an Acura/Lex/Volvo/BMW, etc over the others.

See, now you got me on a tangent.... :mad:
lol
So go ahead and drive your WRX and chase an Evo. :cool:

I'll stick with my S40. Besides, I'm about to start on a project that should allow my S40 to be a WRX ass-kicker. :idea:

44k miles w/ no problems...

Car is ugly but I don't care...

Haven't chased an evo yet...

Once you start talking mods talking about the base car is about meaningless.

I like the 3rd video the best:laugh:

The S40 is right there with the MS6, Legacy GT spec B and 330iX as far as wanting something less in your face, but still delivers the goods. Too bad WE can't make something like that:nonono:

Nice. Post some pics of your ride Tom as well as your build up. I always like to read up on everything no matter who manufactures it.

I know I will not be chasing very much soon...had a little talk with a friend of a friend...and lets say my turbo system will be different than planned....Trapps does the name Cody ring a bell? :)

Nice. Post some pics of your ride Tom as well as your build up. I always like to read up on everything no matter who manufactures it.

I have to wash it first! :eek: Maybe this weekend I'll snap a few good photos after I clean it up. I also did a pretty nice stereo build up last winter but it is all stealth and no show.
I put Bostonacoustics pro series components in the front, Polk momo carbon in the rear, and a JBL GTi12 big ass sub in the back powered by two PPI amps. That's all I wanted to fit in the trunk since the damn thing is half the size of my CSVT with the AWD. :blackeye:

As far as the buildup, I've been working with Evolve for some parts and I should have everything together before Christmas Vacation. Hopefully
I'll post it up once I start.

Here are some pics off the internet, the exact same model and color that I have:
red%20volvo%204.jpg

red%20volvo%202.jpg

red%20volvo%204.jpg

red%20volvo%202.jpg

Last edited:
Back