• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It Has Begun...

tropictour

CEG'er
IMG00022.jpg

IMG00021.jpg

IMG00018.jpg

Goin into...
DSC00047.jpg

Took the plunge this afternoon. '03 Taurus 3L, 19k miles, not too shabby. It is in good hands, Bugzuki will be doing all prep work and I will be lending him a hand on D-Day. :laugh: I cant wait.
-tropictour

P.S. Sorry about the cellphone pics.

Less cell phone pics and more progress! Get on it - Let me know if you want some things powder coated while they are out of the car..... the time is now.

I got mine here in Washington for $450 out the door. Im just greatful for having an experienced swapper in Bugzuki nearby. :eek: I will update pics as it progresses.
-tropictour

Well here is the progress so far. Bugzuki will be out of town for a while, so that will give me time to collect parts. So hopefully we can get this project rolling when he returns. Looking foward to it.

IMG00024.jpg

IMG00023.jpg

-tropictour

Ported 3L(splitport manifolds) Gathering all the parts now and a few additions that hopefully improve the power. Also going to invest in an Xcal 3.
-tropictour

Ported 3L(splitport manifolds) Gathering all the parts now and a few additions that hopefully improve the power. Also going to invest in an Xcal 3.
-tropictour
I was just curious since you had the heads off of it. you using svt cams or 3l cams?

I was just curious since you had the heads off of it. you using svt cams or 3l cams?
Yeah we did take the heads off because we do plan to do porting to the intake side and exhaust side. And I wanted to install new head gaskets just for assurance. Im pumped up to get it dropped in though.
-tropictour

We are planning to use the SVT Cams.

is that a corgi? I want a corgi :(

Yep, sure is.

Nice looking car, good luck on your 3l built. I did three 3l swap in less than two months and i'm exhausted already.

The last one I did only took a couple weeks in the spare time. There were a couple issues that needed to be straightened out afterwards; like a bad roll resistor and then his IMRC stopped working properly, so I think he ziptied the Secondaries open. But yea, it is some work. Automotive hoist helps a lot.

I think Tropic is working on getting everything together ahead of time, so then when we do the install everything is ready. No suprises.

IMG00030.jpg

Got the bottle painted. :laugh: Yeah I'm getting all the parts together now so that it will be a smooth transition as in just a couple days.
-tropictour

Back